Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

On 11/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, soulman said:

Oh, and Bill Belichick isn't?  Dumbledore only had one ring.

Capture.PNG

My thinking is that with Albus as HC when Fields drops back to pass one wave of his wand turns 11 opponents into Gerbils and we score one every possession setting NFL records.

"Do your job" meets "Fulfill Your Destiny" or "Die at the right time" 

I see little difference. 

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

spotless record at hogwarts? homeboy was literally murdered there

Technically is was a suicide by proxy IMO. 

Regardless he has a pretty questionable record, at least morally. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

spotless record at hogwarts? homeboy was literally murdered there

It was a fake deal all along to lull his opponent into his trap.  The wand was the key all along.

Ol' Snake Face figured he'd picked up that blitz.  He was wrong and got blindsided.  No flag either.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 3:20 AM, Madmike90 said:

I just think his approach makes a ton of sense...he's not the "New England way" where Bill says nothing is ever good or bad but he isn't going to get too high or too low...bad outing against the Jags...okay...it's done how to we self evaluate and be better against the Jets?...how do we stay within the offensive scheme but do something different and adjust?...when do we see Nagy/Lazor ever do something different? We hear all the time we need to look at the tape...yeah that's great but if you then do nothing off the back of it what was the point?...Daboll seems to have got to the point where he just gets it...he understands how to connect with his players (on a side note I think his personality would gel perfectly with Fields) he understands this is a week to week league and you need to adapt to different challenges...he understands you need to stay consistent and not get to high or to low regardless of one result...I just think he has the right mindset to be a quality head coach. 

I believe that whenever you manage people anywhere that teamwork is paramount you need to know and understand how well they can perform their job with consistency.

If a production line worker can only produce 100 widgets an hour consistently why match him up with an assembly person who needs 150 widgets an hour to hit his numbers consistently.

IMHO one of Nagy's biggest failures is expecting players to do what they do not and cannot do with consistency yet he keeps believing that some day, with more practice, they will.

That approach will always have it's limits.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Here is a question I have had in mind that would be super interesting...if you are ownersip/Pace looking to hire a new HC...do you involve a 22 year old Justin Fields in that process?

I would. Pace should be the one making the big decision but seeing the dynamic between the potential HC and Fields would be just another bit of data for the final decision. Their jobs as the HC and starter are tied together, as would be (hopefully) Pace's job as well.

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I would. Pace should be the one making the big decision but seeing the dynamic between the potential HC and Fields would be just another bit of data for the final decision. Their jobs as the HC and starter are tied together, as would be (hopefully) Pace's job as well.

I agree...I think you let him speak with these guys and have an input...final decision if ownerships/Pace's but to me Fields is mature enough to be involved on some level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I agree...I think you let him speak with these guys and have an input...final decision if ownerships/Pace's but to me Fields is mature enough to be involved on some level.

He better be, they invested about $30+ mil in him (his contract and the early pick we lost in 2022 combined). lol 

I think it would be a good time to have the potential HCs tell Fields what he did well and what he did poorly. Make them go over specifics and how they want to correct it - face to face.

If we do that I think Trestman crumbles under Jay's glare. lol

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He better be, they invested about $30+ mil in him (his contract and the early pick we lost in 2022 combined). lol 

I think it would be a good time to have the potential HCs tell Fields what he did well and what he did poorly. Make them go over specifics and how they want to correct it - face to face.

If we do that I think Trestman crumbles under Jay's glare. lol

E9VB6V4WEA0TlTU?format=jpg&name=large

Just feels right doesn't it? 😂

• Like 1

My top-10 HC candidates:

1. Brian Daboll

2. Lincoln Riley

3. Kellen Moore

4. Josh McDaniels

5. Greg Roman

6. Byron Leftwich

7. Nathaniel Hackett

8. Joe Brady

9. Doug Pederson

10. Jim Harbaugh

Yes, these guys all have offensive backgrounds ...

Don't get me wrong I like several defensive coaches as well but I'm just thinking that if we hit and Fields clicks with one of the coaches listed above then we'll never have to worry about having him having to learn new offensive systems every other year.

If I had to go with a defensive coach I'd say these guys would be the top of my list in no particular order:

- Todd Bowles

- Dennis Allen

- Patrick Graham

- Matt Eberflus

- Leslie Frazier

- Vance Joseph

IMO this is a very good year to be looking for a HC. A lot of quality candidates to be had