Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Ian Cunningham will travel to Chicago later today, and be there late afternoon/early evening. Expectation is the job he'll interview for is to be Bears GM Ryan Poles' No. 2—with the title likely being assistant GM. The Eagles DPP is among the NFL's most respected young execs.

Would be a very strategic move by Poles.  Not only would it currently help out the front office but if Cunningham is as good as people are saying and both he and Poles both do a good job these next few years then it's probably only a matter of time before he gets promoted to be a GM somewhere else, which would net us some compensatory picks if the NFL decides to keep that rule in place.

On another note I'm hearing that Champ Kelly could be headed to Vegas for a front office position.  I hope it's for GM but it sounds like he would go there as an assistant GM which would kind of suck for us because it's also only a matter of time before Kelly gets his shot and if and when that's the case, the Raiders will reap the benefits of those compensatory picks instead of us.

Edited by topwop1

46 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Would be a very strategic move by Poles.  Not only would it currently help out the front office but if Cunningham is as good as people are saying and both he and Poles both do a good job these next few years then it's probably only a matter of time before he gets promoted to be a GM somewhere else, which would net us some compensatory picks if the NFL decides to keep that rule in place.

On another note I'm hearing that Champ Kelly could be headed to Vegas for a front office position.  I hope it's for GM but it sounds like he would go there as an assistant GM which would kind of suck for us because it's also only a matter of time before Kelly gets his shot and if and when that's the case, the Raiders will reap the benefits of those compensatory picks instead of us.

I could be wrong, but I think a minority gm beings 2 3rds, but if they’re hired for an AGM it nets a single 3rd

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

My hope for OC (in any order really)

Ken Dorsey - can be taken since he doesn't call plays in BUF but worked with Newton in his MVP year and has worked with Allen in BUF for the last several years.

Joe Brady - young guy and between he and Flip there is a good mix of creativity and experience. Brady also won't be getting a HC shot so quickly after getting the axe in CAR.

Kevin O'Connell - LAR OC can be poached since McVay does the playcalling. The Shanahan scheme would be a perfect fit for Fields too.

Jim Caldwell - former HC has the experience to let Matt run the defense and grow as a HC.

Joe Philbin - DAL OL coach and former HC. Has playcalling experience, will be able to help protect Fields much better than Nagy did. That alone will help him. Also was there for the entire time Rodgers was being groomed so he has seen a lot. Hopefully some of that stuck.

Just look at your list, dude! Would we be truly unhappy with ANY of these dudes? I certainly would welcome any of them.

While I was focused on Moore and Daboll (well, after David Shaw)...I can't argue with Eberflus and one of these guys. Any one of these offensive minds would be better than Nagy ever was.

This all might work.

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

4h

I knew so little about Das Flus at noon today. 10 hours later, I seriously like the person Ryan Poles hired to lead the Chicago Bears.

He is absolutely EVERYTHING Nagy was not. That's my take on things, anyway. 

A real leader who holds players accountable. It's hard to muster up a lot of optimism nowadays, knowing Spurious George is still in the thick of things...but maybe excluding Teddy Bears from the overall process has actually HELPED matters? 

Well all i have to say is, hope he knocks the OC out of the park and have great guys to take over when he leaves for the HC job like the general consensus is.

Im super excited for Roquan Smith the most. Hes going to he lights out under Eb.

Edited by DABEARSLCF04
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Just look at your list, dude! Would we be truly unhappy with ANY of these dudes? I certainly would welcome any of them.

While I was focused on Moore and Daboll (well, after David Shaw)...I can't argue with Eberflus and one of these guys. Any one of these offensive minds would be better than Nagy ever was.

Oh I'd be happy with any of them but I wont get my hopes up for anything. Lol

3 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Well all i have to say is, hope he knocks the OC out of the park and have great guys to take over when he leaves for the HC job like the general consensus is.

Im super excited for Roquan Smith the most. Hes going to he lights out under Eb.

All we can hope for is that Eb turns out to be a McDermott-esque HC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I can understand the hesitancy...sort of...but what makes you think that one of those guys won't be a Bear? It'll happen. 

I quit trying to predict Bears draft picks, signings, etc a long time ago. Too many factors and I'm always wrong about specific signings so better to just take the wait and see approach. lol

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

All we can hope for is that Eb turns out to be a McDermott-esque HC.

Still not what I want overall but if he can get someone who develops Fields like Allen has then I'll be happy as hell. Until I see it though...