Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

@MikeGiardi

16m

Josh McDaniels tells us he "knows nothing" about any head coaching interview requests. #Patriots OC might be left out in the cold again.

Looks like it won't be McDaniels...real shame no one seems to be interviewing him...maybe they feel he is locked in for NE moving forward.

Never forgive him for slighting Jay 

1 minute ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Didn't McDaniels walk out on the Colts just before the season started?

If my memory servers me right, that could be a red flag to alot of teams.

Yep. They only had a handshake agreement but he and IND's top brass didnt agree on a number of things so NE basically gave him low end HC money to be the OC. 

I said a while back that handshake agreements over million dollar contacts in a billion dollar business is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully IND and McDaniels both learned from that. 

32 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Didn't McDaniels walk out on the Colts just before the season started?

If my memory servers me right, that could be a red flag to alot of teams.

I think it’s less red flag and more clarity that you know ahead of time unless you’re willing to meet his ask as far as surrounding structure, etc. that he’s not coming. There’s value in knowing the cost before the game starts, even if that means it’s not one you’re willing to pay. If you’re never giving him that then don’t waste your time. And, considering he’ll probably get his specific criteria met in NE whenever BB decides to retire he really doesn’t have much incentive to ask for less than that elsewhere especially when he’s already being paid like a HC in NE.

That doesn’t make him unreasonable or a jerk IMO. It’s fundamentally no different than any one of us giving an honest answer to a recruiter who calls us and asks “What would it take for you to leave?” He’s got a GREAT gig in NE. It should take a lot to get him to give that up. 

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That for me is the worry with any defensive hire...we need to have a consistent offensive plan and only an HC guarantees that.

Agreed. I want nothing to do with a defensive minded coach. We need a HC with a plan on how to get the most out Fields in the next 3 years while he's still on a rookie contract.

I would take coaches like Bowles, Fangio, and Flores but only for the DC position. Either would be a good signing there. But that's probably more of a pipe dream than anything.

Everyone wants all the Colts people, but they just traded a first for Wentz and took on his huge contract.

Then they didn't even make playoffs when all they had to do was beat one of worst teams in history.   

Eagles fleeced them.

• Like 1