What exactly is a choke artist?

biggie.

56 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yup. And let’s be real, the Chiefs have always had some massive hole somewhere outside 2019. In 2018 their defense was trash. Last year their line was destroyed by the end. 

This was the first year they underperformed their talent level 

I'm not even sure I agree with that. On paper, the Bengals offense should have obliterated that defense (similar to first game they played). So I think their defense overachieved.

But agree that the offense massively underachieved with that one awful half of football.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm not even sure I agree with that. On paper, the Bengals offense should have obliterated that defense (similar to first game they played). So I think their defense overachieved.

But agree that the offense massively underachieved with that one awful half of football.

The Bengals have some nice offensive players but that line is nothing to write home about.  

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

If you’re comfortable using stats, feel free to post the stats from his first 3 or 4 games. 

If you're comfortable worrying about a guy in his first 4 years and using that to define a career that's 10 years longer than that now, feel free.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:01 AM, MWil23 said:

200.gif

Arguably the biggest choker in NFL History

The funny thing is that its just so random. He's got to wear it because of the optics, but it's so funny how the optics are formed because  they are just such little things that just completely string together. Somehow he gets the brunt of the blame for a super bowl he wasn't even the head coach of because he called a pass play on third and one. If Ryan simply eats the sack instead of trying to throw it, the narrative could be vastly different. If the running back doesn't completely whiff on the blitz pick up, the narrative could be different.  If the defense makes a single stop, the narrative is different. This time he gets third and one, runs it, and people complain about that lol. 

He just gave up the biggest 4th quarter lead in NFCCG history, and it looks awful given the optics of his previous games,  but it's also just a game flow thing. He was up by 10 entering the 4th, but the Rams scored within 90 seconds of the 4th quarter. They had previously dropped a wide open TD and missed a FG that had nothing to do with the niners...just unforced errors by the Rams. The niners were fortunate not to be losing in the 4th, which again, would have changed the narrative because then he just lost a game rather than giving up the biggest lead in championship game history lol. But instead, he's now been involved in the the biggest championship game 4th quarter "collapse" and the two biggest super bowl 4th quarter collapses LOL. They were the better team most of the game and the 49ers just happen to lead on the scoreboard. I do give him a good chunk of this loss for the punts, but I also think that the Rams were actually just a better team and deserved to win that game. The 49ers were only winning if Shanny outcoached the rams and this time he didn't. 

The super bowl I really don't think he did anything super wrong. People talk about the playcalling but there was really only one time during the 4th quarter where he made a questionable pass rather than run decision and it was on 2nd and 5 when they were up by three (unless people think that he really did something wrong calling a pass play on 2nd and 9, which I think is a bit of a stretch). But that had actually been the modus operandi for most of the game. They did the same thing on second and 4 the drive before and picked up 12 and nobody really complains about that...it's mostly just results oriented thinking with that second drive because they ultimately went three and out.  

Honestly, I've seen that 4th quarter enough times where I put most of the blame on that one on Jimmy G. Mike Person didn't do him favors, but man, if you see some of the throws that Jimmy missed during that game and during that 4th quarter....Kyle had them in a position to succeed and the team flat out couldn't get it done. 

But these things broke the way they did so he's just going to have to wear that label until he gets over the hump. No other way around it at this point. He is a choker until he's not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Forge just explained exactly how I always felt about Marty Schottenheimer. Victim of circumstances that’s also somewhat worthy of criticism 

For sure...and I'll criticize him again and again and again when I continue to see him do dumb crap like punt on 4th and 2 from the plus side of the field lol. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 1:01 PM, MWil23 said:

200.gif

Arguably the biggest choker in NFL History

He is allergic to success. In the three biggest games of his life having a lead entering the 4th quarter his teams have been outscored 53-0 in the 4th quarter and lost all three games.

What made the NFCCG even worst is bc 12:02 in the 4th quarter when Mitchell got a 9yd run was the last time his team got positive yards the rest of the game. Kyle supposed to be an offensive genius with Debo and Kittle and that offense can’t muster up a single yard from 12:02 of the 4th quarter throughout the rest of the game? That’s worst than the Rockets having KD, Steph, and Klay Warriors down in Game 7 of the WCF then Harden and the team just go cold and turn the ball over like crazy to lose. At least in basketball you can just say it’s a make or miss league and the Rockets started missing low percentage shots which are 3’s and they built their team to shoot a lot of them. Football shouldn’t be like that where a team literally can’t get a yard for all but 2 minutes and 3 seconds of a quarter. Complete choke job by Kyle again.