Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

Just now, vikingsrule said:

They want to bring a super bowl to Mn. He fits that exactly. Morris, O’Connell and Graham are huge unknowns. 

Harbaugh is definitely the more known commodity, but still just as unknown is: how long will he stick around, does he have the ability to be a collaborative force with players and front office personnel, and how will the khakis look contrasted against a purple top?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Harbaugh is definitely the more known commodity, but still just as unknown is: how long will he stick around, does he have the ability to be a collaborative force with players and front office personnel, and how will the khakis look contrasted against a purple top?

Those are great questions. The purple definitely goes with the khakis, imo. Lol. The other more relevant questions, Kwesi will have answered if they decide to go with Harbaugh. 
I’m a little hesitant on Harbaugh and would love to hear his answers to your questions/concerns. My personality and coaching philosophy (teaching, communication, collaboration, leadership, etc) tends to shy away from Harbaugh and gravitate toward KOC. I guess I will just trust the Kwesi process and embrace his choice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Harbaugh’s success came during the same time as the Leslie Frazier era. The league has changed A LOT since then. I’m hesitant to use Harbaugh’s record with the 49ers as an assumption as to his future NFL success. 

No I don't think it really has to do with a ton of future success. But he could have the staff around him that have been around the change, and people that he has worked with that he trusts.

While he really has never went to a pass heavy scheme, one thing with Harbaugh that has been consistent is the offense has always adapted to his QB. 

While we say Andrew Luck wasn't really utilized properly, one thing to remember is he still threw for over 3,000K and 32 TD's in 2010, while rushing for 500 yards. It wasn't like a lot of college systems where he wasn't used. They also ran more because they had every team about blown out of the water all year long.

Along with that Alex Smith also had his best season as soon as Harbaugh came around, same with Kaep.

Now you go to Michigan his offense really has adapted every year. Never so much a spread, but he could run with two RB's in the backfield with a mobile QB, and the team also was never scared of 11 personnel. Different players always seem to end up shining in a Harbaugh offense.

The one thing that truly entertains me about him, what he can actually do with Kirk. The play action will be back in full force. Jefferson and Cook are two pretty dynamic weapons for him.

While O'Connell I probably still have ahead on my list, he's still a pretty unknown. We have no idea how he is as a play caller, who is he linked to for a coaching staff that he could bring along whether is from past meetings, or through his agent collecting a group and bringing them together. 

One thing that has to be slightly playing on Kwesi's mind is if he turns down Harbaugh, and the next HC fail's, he's probably going down with the ship. I'm not so sure if that's the same if Jim ends up the coach. It's not scared thinking, but its turning down a pretty big name head coach who has found success everywhere he's went, for the new guy.

51 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Look at the defensive rankings over the past 2-3 years and you’ll see the facts. 

wait a minute... hw do defensive rankings substantiate that Kendricks has been a whiner and a "catalyst" for dissent on the team?

that's what i asked about.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Harbaugh’s success came during the same time as the Leslie Frazier era. The league has changed A LOT since then. I’m hesitant to use Harbaugh’s record with the 49ers as an assumption as to his future NFL success. 

I don't think he falls too far away from his brother. They have similar demeanors and styles. Both have had success at the NFL level. 

I definitely think he can perofrm at or above his 49ers level. I also think he can bring some top level assistant coaches with him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

He’s a huge whiner and definitely not a leader. Go read his Twitter post and you’ll easily find he’s not a leader. He’s outspoken sure but leader not at all.

I do...and just because you disagree with his opinions and have a different perspective doesn't make him a whiner.  He's in a different generation with a different perspective.

And the ranking of the defense over the past 2 years is completely irrelevant and again pretty ridiculous.  I guess that the Ravens' defense in Ray Lewis' last year (19th) must mean he wasn't much of a leader either then.  Just admit you don't care for him as a person and move on and quit trying to tie it to his performance on the field.  It has nothing to do with team-building, it has nothing to do with him on the field.  You just don't like him and wouldn't want to have a beer with him.

• Like 1