Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

45 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You can rest well @Madmike90

Rowe has been hired as the CB coach

New #Bears CB coach James Rowe coached QBs and WRs early on in his career. That experience gives him special insight from the offensive side of the ball to give to his DBs. Really like this hire.

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein

· 15m

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur has been in talks with Las Vegas Raiders special teams coach / interim coach Rich Bisaccia bout becoming the #Packers' special teams coach, according to two sources. Packers will have to pay a lot to get him and they may be willing to do it.

Well this isn't good.

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Tom Silverstein

@TomSilverstein

· 15m

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur has been in talks with Las Vegas Raiders special teams coach / interim coach Rich Bisaccia bout becoming the #Packers' special teams coach, according to two sources. Packers will have to pay a lot to get him and they may be willing to do it.

Well this isn't good.

Hard to see how the Pack would be able to offer a better situation. It would be only about money.

• Like 1

Have to think Chicago’s own Thomas Gaughey is angling for the Bears ST gig. (He interviewed already.) Bears don’t need to break bank for ST coach.

When DBB says things like this he usually knows something...

If we can't get Rich then this guy wouldn't be bad...really need Rod Marinelli though to make the D as good as it can be.

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:
Have to think Chicago’s own Thomas Gaughey is angling for the Bears ST gig. (He interviewed already.) Bears don’t need to break bank for ST coach.

If we can't get Rich then this guy wouldn't be bad...really need Rod Marinelli though to make the D as good as it can be.

Rod coming back to town would be such a feel-good story.

And after bringing Poles to town, adding some Rod to it is the cherry on top.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

To be honest before his stint as Raiders interim HC I never really heard of Bisaccia but I want him more for his experience as an assistant head coach to Eberflus since we all know Covid could play a part in the HC missing games like we saw this past season.

But if we weren't to land him but still got Marinelli at DL and McGaughey at ST then that would be good too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

To be honest before his stint as Raiders interim HC I never really heard of Bisaccia but I want him more for his experience as an assistant head coach to Eberflus since we all know Covid could play a part in the HC missing games like we saw this past season.

But if we weren't to land him but still got Marinelli at DL and McGaughey at ST then that would be good too

Honestly I’m less worried about the ST coach than I would have been in the past given that whoever takes it over is going to be walking into a pretty well oiled machine as far as the kicking operation goes (assuming POD and Scales are back, which I think is expected). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero
· 1m
The #Bears are hiring Richard Hightower as their special teams coordinator, per sources. Hightower held the same position the past five seasons in San Francisco. Another big hire for Matt Eberflus.

Was the assistant ST coach for the Bears in 2016...9ers Special Teams weren’t a stand out last year...we will see how it goes...

Hopefully Bisaccia doesn't end up in GB.

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero
· 1m
The #Bears are hiring Richard Hightower as their special teams coordinator, per sources. Hightower held the same position the past five seasons in San Francisco. Another big hire for Matt Eberflus.

🤮

Big hire my a**

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We have hired Richard Hightower as our Special Teams Coordinator. Welcome to Chicago, Coach!

Officially Offical...

Need to give the guy a chance but this is without doubt the weakest coordinator on paper.

Was just going to say. Out of all Flus' hires so far this seems the most questionable. 49ers special teams outside of Gould has been cheeks the past few seasons under Hightower's watch.

I guess Bisaccia wasn't really an option for us which is odd considering he has ties to Eberflus.

Hoping this goes well but call me a bit skeptical

Hightower might not have produced stellar special teams on the field but listening to him speak he is yet another emotional, intense and tough leader as a coach…lot of things change in special teams year in year out since you’re dealing with the bottom of the roster and being that leader might be the most important thing of all when it comes to coaching special teams…hopefully his product on the field improves here.