Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

Wouldn’t surprise me if this has been leaked to make Schefter look foolish. If it was, he got him good.

Overall, I think it’s more likely than not that he retires at this stage, but I’ll await word from the man himself before accepting that it’s happening.

Just now, ET80 said:

I'd wager you're cutting it close for Marino, too.

Do people not realize when they're being like this, or do they get off on being like this?

I just think its amazing the amount of blowback I'm getting for suggesting that Brady isn't the unquestioned GOAT QB, but is solidly within the top-7 greatest QBs that every lived. 

It's not that radical an argument. 

If you want to claim someone is the greatest, and they really never had a dominant stretch where they proved to be consistently better than their peers, I'm sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. 

I've watched Michael Jordan and studied his stats. I've read about Babe Ruth and studied his stats. To me, those are obvious GOATs. 

With Brady, that lack of dominance over his career obviously stands out compared to other GOATs. 

I don't think I'm being unreasonable. 

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Well I've spent enough time studying the sport to know that if it hard to be the best QB in the league, it's probably more difficult to be the best QB in the league while leading the league in INTs as a DB, or being the best QB in the league and having the single greatest punting season in the history of the league. 

Probably easier to be the best QB in a 12 team league than a 32 team league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

I just think its amazing the amount of blowback I'm getting for suggesting that Brady isn't the unquestioned GOAT QB, but is solidly within the top-7 greatest QBs that every lived. 

It's not that radical an argument. 

If you want to claim someone is the greatest, and they really never had a dominant stretch where they proved to be consistently better than their peers, I'm sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. 

I've watched Michael Jordan and studied his stats. I've read about Babe Ruth and studied his stats. To me, those are obvious GOATs. 

With Brady, that lack of dominance over his career obviously stands out compared to other GOATs. 

I don't think I'm being unreasonable. 

Tom Brady has started 20 NFL seasons.

He's been in the Superbowl in 10 of those.

He's never had a 10-loss season ever in his career.

He is #1 in most passing stats despite changing schemes multiple times throughout his career.

He just dominated the league in passing stats in his age 43 or whatever season.

Like....this is BEYOND hilarious how wrong you are.

• Like 1