Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

9 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Why has he only 3 all pros in those 20 years? What does that tell you about Brady as a player? 

All Pro is based upon the regular season only. If they voted after the Super Bowl and were allowed to factor in the playoffs, I’d imagine he would have plenty more. Obviously, there is no way to know that. The only postseason award a QB can win is Super Bowl MVP.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You omitted him in your argument to justify your case - a lie of omission is worse than downplaying him, so thanks for calling that out.

I didn't omit him, I was responding to a specific post that I felt over-valued the skill of Wayne and James. 

What is even the point of guys like Schefter anymore? They basically just parrot agent & FO narratives for the right to announce a transaction 15 minutes before the team or player does it anyway. 

No actual insider info anymore. Still remember when he had us taking Mac Jones for all of April

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

I didn't omit him, I was responding to a specific post that I felt over-valued the skill of Wayne and James. 

While omitting the HoF WR who was the top of that pecking order in Indy, thereby trying to diminish the talent Manning had at his disposal.

The sad part is you don't even see your mental gymnastics on this. You legitimately think you're making a valid point, which tells me you're not really worth my time in this argument.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

What? You likely know your age, why would you lead with 10k? I think I'm taking the under 21 years old here now.

You're exactly right, anyone over 21 wouldn't have sent so low on the money...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

All Pro is based upon the regular season only. If they voted after the Super Bowl and were allowed to factor in the playoffs, I’d imagine he would have plenty more. Obviously, there is no way to know that. The only postseason award a QB can win is Super Bowl MVP.

But I bring up the 3 All Pros because it helps illustrate the point that Brady was never consistently performing at a level above his peers. He has been performing close to the level of the top QBs in the league for a very long time, but there isn't much evidence to suggest he was above them.

When considering someone for GOAT, I think they should have an exceptionally high peak performance over several years, where you are dominating. 

4 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

You guys underestimate older people’s ability to have bad opinions (and troll). Maybe he was trying to be fair and not bet more than he has.

On the off chance he was wrong, I guess...