2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

On 7/27/2022 at 2:38 AM, BayRaider said:

Giants are strangely favored in Vegas last time I checked. Makes sense…. would you want to start a year with Daniel Jones?

Didn't they also give Tyrod Taylor a pretty decent contract?

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair it was up on NFLN yesterday AM 12+ hours b4….

It was up there early enough that we were still unsure if he was signing with the Chiefs or the Chefs :P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think it’s silly to pay the money these WRs are getting. 

I agree that it seems crazy but it's also just the nature of the business. The players get ~50% of the profits. As long as the NFL is making money then the prices for player service will continue to increase as well.

If you're saying you don't place that much value on the WR position then fine. But I don't know what you find to be an acceptable amount to pay a WR but sooner than later that number will handed out to #2's and 3's. Right or wrong. And teams can't exactly fill the WR positions with a bunch of 4's an 5's and expect to compete either.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 11:20 AM, Forge said:

It was up there early enough that we were still unsure if he was signing with the Chiefs or the Chefs :P

Great Googly Moogly  (for the young bucks who were not watching mid 90's Snickers commercials)

08IGn1P.gif

• Like 3

On 7/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, candyman93 said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think it’s silly to pay the money these WRs are getting. 

The guys from PFF have been discussing how this season is a big litmus test to see how much WRs actually matter vs. what their analytics tell them (which is they are number 2 right behind QB). Hill, Adams, Brown and (potencially) Samuel are all downgrading at QB this season so we can better see if WRs really deserve the second highest contracts of if their metrics are all boosted by inherently being tied to the QB position (my hunch).

• Like 1