2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

32 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I never wanted Denzel Mims to begin with because just about my entire fan base was pounding our fists on the table for 6'4 Chase Claypool out of Notre Dame but unfortunately we passed on him for a WR out of Baylor (Denzel Mims).

Denzel Mims first two years (combined):

20 games. 

67 targets.

46.3% catch rate percentage

31 receptions.

490 receiving yards.

64.9 Receiver Rating.

0 career TDs. 

Denzel Mims is a big time reason why we're going to draft a 1st round WR; because he's absolutely horrible. 

Elijah Moore despite only 11 games played (9 fewer than Denzel Mims) during just his Rookie season alone last year has Denzel Mims beat within every WR statistical category known to man kind ala 77 targets, 55.8 catch rate percentage, 43 receptions, 592 yards, 77.7 Receiver Rating and 6 TD.

And unlike Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore continued to improve because during his final 6 games of his Rookie season last year he was impossible to stop (dominant) and during his final 6 games of his Rookie season last year he put up top 5 NFL WR production (he was unstoppable).

Zach Wilson needs another Elijah Moore (not another Denzel Mims).

Trade mims to Jacksonville for a 6th rounder if he's so horrible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just way too much irrelevant Jets talk for me. Give it a rest bro.

Dont do that. Last time he took a break from in here, he went into the Cowboys forum and tried to tell us both Cooper and Zeke were HOF bound. I dont know what his obsession with Cowboys players is, but holy ish, its maddening. 

3 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Corey Davis can be cut and released for a $10.5M cap savings next offseason and "Corey Davis" isn't going to prevent nor stop Joe Douglas from going guns blazing throughout both FA and the 1st round in order to attack WR for a QB he just drafted #2 overall last year. 

Please stop. 

You said he was signed as a stop gap. That was false.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont do that. Last time he took a break from in here, he went into the Cowboys forum and tried to tell us both Cooper and Zeke were HOF bound. I dont know what his obsession with Cowboys players is, but holy ish, its maddening. 

And we all know the Dalton Schultz bust is being molded as we speak. 

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Both of Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper are on current HOF trajectories right now. 

Amari Cooper7 years (4x Pro Bowler). 66 games. 856 targets. 538 receptions. 62.8% catch rate percentage. 7,321 receiving yards. 48 TD receptions. Receiver Rating of 113.1 (and still only 27 years old). 

That's an elite WR average of 76.1 Receptions, 1,045 Receiving Yards and 6.8 TDs per year (with an A+ Receiver Rating of 113.1). 

Ezekiel Elliott: He's still only 26 years old but yet has already recorded 9,630 Offensive Yards + 68 Offensive TDs (despite only 6 seasons) with an elite 5.0 yards per touch. 

Which is an insane (future HOF) average of 1,605 Offensive Yards and 11.3 Offensive TDs per season. 

And despite what you've told me on how Dallas has featured one of (if not) the worst blocking O-Line in all of Football last year that kid Zeke still managed to record 1,300 Offensive Yards + 12 Offensive TDs. 

There is no HOF without statistics (goes for every sport) and both of Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper are (100%) on HOF trajectory pace. 

And since this is a Free Agency thread and not a mock DWC thread would you like to share your opinions on which teams you think Amari Cooper is heading to?

Just now, Matts4313 said:

This is due to the cap relief from Brady retiring, correct? 

No.

Even though Tom Brady retired the Buccaneers will still be hit with his dead cap hits of...

$32M (2022).

$24M (2023).

$16M (2024).

$8M (2025).

$80M in dead cap hits next 4 Offseasons (Brady retiring didn't really give Tampa Bay cap relief).

They're probably able to sign Chris Godwin long-term because TB is under the cap although not by much but not in absolute Salary Cap Hell. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is due to the cap relief from Brady retiring, correct? 

Think he’s been likely sticking the whole time from what I’ve gathered.

That helps from a $ perspective though of course.

6 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

And since this is a Free Agency thread and not a mock DWC thread would you like to share your opinions on which teams you think Amari Cooper is heading to?

Sure. 

I think he will eventually get traded for peanuts. Dallas sucks at trading so I fully expect it to be a mid rounder; that is if he doesnt get flat out released.

Your Jets make a lot of sense, but really, any team that has a 3rd-4th rounder and needs a WR would meet the requirement. Bears, 9ers, Steelers, Colts, Jags, etc etc... They could all be in play. 

Id say he would pair best with a team that already has a deep threat. A team that would allow him to work the 5-15 yard routes. But obviously trades rarely allow you to go to the perfect situation.  

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

No.

Even though Tom Brady retired the Buccaneers will still be hit with his dead cap hits of...

$32M (2022).

$24M (2023).

$16M (2024).

$8M (2025).

$80M in dead cap hits next 4 Offseasons (Brady retiring didn't really give Tampa Bay cap relief).

They're probably able to sign Chris Godwin long-term because TB is under the cap although not by much but not in absolute Salary Cap Hell. 

They are facing a $17M dead cap total, which they will almost assuredly spread between 2022 and 2023 by waiting until June 2 (or later) to file his retirement with the league. That’s the amount of the “guaranteed” money that he’s already received but has not yet been accounted for in their yearly cap figures. 

If someone told you they’re looking at 4 years and $80M worth of dead cap, they were pulling your leg. The longest you can retain dead cap for one player is two seasons, and that’s only if you choose to execute the transaction as a “post June 1st” move, which allows you to push half of the dead cap hit into the next season. The other thing is you don’t take a dead cap hit for all the money that was on the contract — only the money that you’ve already paid the player in real life but was pushed out into the future for cap purposes (typically the “signing bonus”), as well as any other “guaranteed money” that hasn't yet been charged to your cap number. 

So when you’re trying to figure out a player’s dead cap hit, you’re only looking for the money that (a) would have been part of this year or future years’ cap numbers and (b) was guaranteed to the player up front. In Brady’s case, it turns out that amount is about $17M, after some give-and-take that just got worked out with regard to some other bonus money. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

Both of Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper are on current HOF trajectories right now. 

Amari Cooper7 years (4x Pro Bowler). 66 games. 856 targets. 538 receptions. 62.8% catch rate percentage. 7,321 receiving yards. 48 TD receptions. Receiver Rating of 113.1 (and still only 27 years old). 

That's an elite WR average of 76.1 Receptions, 1,045 Receiving Yards and 6.8 TDs per year (with an A+ Receiver Rating of 113.1). 

Ezekiel Elliott: He's still only 26 years old but yet has already recorded 9,630 Offensive Yards + 68 Offensive TDs (despite only 6 seasons) with an elite 5.0 yards per touch. 

Which is an insane (future HOF) average of 1,605 Offensive Yards and 11.3 Offensive TDs per season. 

And despite what you've told me on how Dallas has featured one of (if not) the worst blocking O-Line in all of Football last year that kid Zeke still managed to record 1,300 Offensive Yards + 12 Offensive TDs. 

There is no HOF without statistics (goes for every sport) and both of Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper are (100%) on HOF trajectory pace. 

Neither are who they once were, but I’d say Cooper has more of a chance to get back to that level than Zeke. Still doesn’t mean he’ll get in. At least Zeke has a first team all pro. Zeke’s only chance is as a compiler at this point IMO.

I’d like to see Dallas get a 2nd for Cooper. 

No.

$32M (2022).

$24M (2023).

$16M (2024).

$8M (2025).

please tell me you are not serious with what you think Tom Brady dead cap will be for TB?

• Like 2