2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

If Rodgers theoretically retired, Packers commit money in first wave of FA and move on with cap room eaten up, then Aaron Rodgers unretires a week before the draft are the Packers in that situation forced to trade him (or move money around to make room for Rodgers return, in which he could then just retire again)?

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Hostage?

GB could have cut him for the last 12+ months if they wanted to. He can say anything he wants to. Though he’ll return this season

They'd have to be the worst FO of all time to release a reigning MVP...

• Like 2

Are the Colts still expected to cut Carson Wentz? That rumor seemed bizarre to me given that there are no free agent upgrades available, they don’t have a first round pick to select a QB (or use in a trade for Rodgers/Wilson), and the guy they could possibly get for a 2nd (Garoppolo) is a marginal upgrade at best

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Sure, but Rodger’s is not holding anyone hostage. FO could move forward unimpeded anytime 

You said they could have released him.  Why in the world would any GM release a reigning MVP?  The even notion is beyond insane.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its not like the PR can get any worse for the Commies. 

I seriously just said like 2 days ago in the niner forum that they were likely the one team that really couldn't go after Watson because of the optics lol

If that happens, I'll respect the IDGAF what you think attitude of their team lol