2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

35 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

And his RB contract is absolutely atrocious...

2022: $14,309,500.

2023: $17,709,500.

2024: $17,709,500.

You really don't know how the NFL's salary cap system works, huh? 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Well. He wouldn't be gift wrapped and/or come to N.E. for free. 

So...

What type of draft capital would you be willing to throw away for him and also would you willing to watch your Front Office pay a RB $49,728,500 throughout the next 3 years @ 16,576,166 per season? 

…which is why I said “I’d love to” not “I think the Patriots will”?

If I was a team flush with cap space, I’d do a couple of conditional seconds.

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

PS: I thought Rhamondre Stevenson looked pretty darn good for you guys as a Rookie Thunder RB and you guys can easily draft a back this year in order to create a dynamic thunder/lightning duo @ RB.

Stevenson’s a nice piece in the backfield with DH. It’d be typical Belichick to have a plethora of wide receivers and LBers sitting in the late 1st-2nd and then draft a running back (or a Day 3 DB).

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

(I was referencing to Carolina being stuck with him (unless able to trade him).

Why would the financial impact of his contract for Carolina matter to the team that was acquiring him? 

Anyone that trades for CMC gets him at 4 years, roughly 45 million. That would be less than Aaron Jones and Joe Mixon contracts.

Only 8.1 of that is guaranteed, and that's all in 2022. 

• Like 5

Just now, Forge said:

Why would the financial impact of his contract for Carolina matter to the team that was acquiring him? 

Anyone that trades for CMC gets him at 4 years, roughly 45 million. That would be less than Aaron Jones and Joe Mixon contracts.

Only 8.1 of that is guaranteed, and that's all in 2022. 

That's a lot of money for an RB who's already missed 23 games throughout the previous two seasons and due to not only  one, not two; but 3 (separate) injuries. 

With a fully loaded 2022 RB draft class I think it'll take an absolute fool of a GM to pay Christian McCaffrey roughly $11.25M per season. 

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

That's a lot of money for an RB who's already missed 23 games throughout the previous two seasons and due to not only  one, not two; but 3 (separate) injuries. 

With a fully loaded 2022 RB draft class I think it'll take an absolute fool of a GM to pay Christian McCaffrey roughly $11.25M per season. 

I wouldn't give up a first, so this is probably a moot point since I Dont' think that they'd be willing to trade him for less, but CMC is definitely worth the risk if you were giving up like a late second or something and had the financial wiggle room. 

The upside is too great with a reasonable salary and no guarantees to tie you to him past the first year. The biggest risk you're taking is the draft compensation you are giving up for him. 

• Like 2

I remember saying the panthers should’ve traded Christian after the 2019 season when they decided to blow it up and go rebuild. It was the perfect time and it was the end of an era with Ron and Cam being shown the door.

I believe you could’ve gotten a 1st round pick for him then. 

44 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'd argue it would take a fool not to get him IF it takes anything less than a 1st round pick imo. CMC isn't just an elite runner, he transforms your passing game too

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, adamq said:

I'd argue it would take a fool not to get him IF it takes anything less than a 1st round pick imo. CMC isn't just an elite runner, he transforms your passing game too

Even at RB, and where he was picked, and where the 49ers would have taken him, CMC would have still been an upgrade over taking Solomon Thomas 3rd overall in 2017. Regardless of his bad injury luck. Would have loved to have seen just a glimpse of what Shanahan would do with that guy in the lineup.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Yes. In the past. But not currently.

We can't ignore his 23 games missed because of 3 different shoulder/hamstring/ankle injuries throughout just the previous two years alone. 

Fans tell me Zeke is breaking down and declining but yet Christian McCaffrey hasn't produced a good season since dating back to 2019 and no; I'm not going to ignore his 2020/2021 seasons.

The best ability is availability. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

13 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Yes. In the past. But not currently.

We can't ignore his 23 games missed because of 3 different shoulder/hamstring/ankle injuries throughout just the previous two years alone. 

Fans tell me Zeke is breaking down and declining but yet Christian McCaffrey hasn't produced a good season since dating back to 2019 and no; I'm not going to ignore his 2020/2021 seasons.

The best ability is availability. 

Right but thats why his theoretical value is only a 2nd round pick, maybe a little more. Less than 5% of the salary cap is nothing for a player of his caliber, there is no risk financially.

I never mentioned Zeke, why must you insert a Cowboy into every post?

• Like 1