2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I can’t wait for the first player who “agrees” to sign with one team but then some black magic happens and all of sudden, come FA, he doesn’t…

Beats the draft’s lying season. “Mac to the 49ers”.

The Frank Gore Era in Philly.

Good times.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Next few days will be rumors floated reporters with Intel from" sources"....

Agents going to spin things for their clients

Teams going to spin things for possible trade interest.

It's lying season!!!!!

TheSteelers have rumored to go after Fletcher Cox/Ryan Jensen/Carlton Davis/ Deshaun Watson/ in the last 48 hrs…I expect none of them to occur.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't get what roster shaking moves they could make. They can't trade any if their premium players because they've all been restructured and likely cost more to trade then keep at this point lol

Davenport is on a fifth year option, so that is one. Not sure who else could be involved

A Taysom Hill trade would save money.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

A Taysom Hill trade would save money.

Hill as a change of pace to Watson would be really strange.

Maybe play him as TE/RB/H-back?

Hopefully the Texans take him as part of the cap selloff.

Character aside and just talking about a potential trade, I'm still not a fan of the Saints trading for Watson. You'll be giving up way too many assets for a guy who hasn't played in a year. Let some other team gut their roster for him.

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Character aside and just talking about a potential trade, I'm still not a fan of the Saints trading for Watson. You'll be giving up way too many assets for a guy who hasn't played in a year. Let some other team gut their roster for him.

Lol what. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lol what. 

I don't think the Saints should trade for him. A lot of our players are aging and we are in a terrible cap situation. I think it's a bad idea.

3 first round pick and multiple 2nd round picks plus starters is A LOT to give up. I would rather just roll with Winston next season.

And there is the obvious reason why they shouldn't want him on the team.

Edited by JMG5

1 minute ago, JMG5 said:

I don't think the Saints should trade for him. A lot of our players are aging and we are in a terrible cap situation. I think it's a bad idea.

3 first round pick and multiple 2nd round picks plus starters is A LOT to give up. I would rather just roll with Winston next season.

Ehh you’ll be fine. A good organization doing this is different than a poorly run one. Watson is so much better than Winston. When you have a chance at a top 4 QB you go get him.

I think the only way it works is with that cap space for picks conversion.

Its blowing up the future to be sure but giving you a year or two window to go for it.

I see the obvious risks and I see why lots of people would be against it.

If say the Saints said they are interested when the price is 3 FRP+, then Watson meets with them and say he chooses them as the only team he'd waive his no trade clause for. Then the Saint say they offer something stupidly low ball. Is that against the rules as they can only tamper if deal is roughly X, or do the Texans have basically no leverage as long as Watson wants his new team to be stacked?

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

If say the Saints said they are interested when the price is 3 FRP+, then Watson meets with them and say he chooses them as the only team he'd waive his no trade clause for. Then the Saint say they offer something stupidly low ball. Is that against the rules as they can only tamper if deal is roughly X, or do the Texans have basically no leverage as long as Watson wants his new team to be stacked?

Houston would refuse to trade him.. not sure how far it would go if both sides held their ground though 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

Houston would refuse to trade him.. not sure how far it would go if both sides held their ground though 

Would be insane to try what they did last year. It's one thing to sit your 16mil QB, now he's a 40mil QB.

7 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Texans and other teams would likely be VERY hesitant on doing business with the Saints going forward

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Since Texans like either Panthers or Saints' offer they give Watson to talk with those teams in order to revoke no trade clause.   If back down, it is no deal.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Since Texans like either Panthers or Saints' offer they give Watson to talk with those teams in order to revoke no trade clause.   If back down, it is no deal.

So deal is in place, then grant right to talk to him? I am struggling to see what NOLA can offer that competes with 3 FRP + Derrick Brown + Jaycee Horn. Surely Texans risk losing some fans to NOLA if they trade him to the team within driving distance as well.