The New Raider Staff Structure Thread

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

All signs point to a bad Carolina team and Rhule being fired Mid Season. I’m not sure why they kept him, he has lost the team almost completely. 

Only thing I can figure is with Tampa and the saints falling slightly , maybe they figure they’ve got some sort of hope. Lmao! Yep, that’s a reach but when you look at that division now it could be very wide open possibly depending on fa and drafts.

One good thing about McDaniels/Ziegler over Gruden is a much shorter leash. Due to Gruden's contract, he was likely going to get at least 5 full seasons before getting the axe. If McDaniels/Ziegler don't make the playoffs two years in a row, they are likely done and we would unfortunately enter a full rebuild. 

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

One good thing about McDaniels/Ziegler over Gruden is a much shorter leash. Due to Gruden's contract, he was likely going to get at least 5 full seasons before getting the axe. If McDaniels/Ziegler don't make the playoffs two years in a row, they are likely done and we would unfortunately enter a full rebuild. 

I certainly hope that is not the case. That is some Al Davis level of shortsightedness and impatience.

The AFC West is a tough division with 2 of the top 5 passers in the game. And the Broncos have all the pieces minus QB. Then the AFC west on the hole is full of talented teams and young QBs. Allen, Burrow, Jackson.

I think Davis made this move to get one of the most coveted coaches and rebuild the FO with patience in mind. Things would have to be all time ugly for him to turn in 2 years imo.

• Like 5

One thing with McDaniels I wonder how he views Bryan Edwards. His first two seasons have been very underwhelming. Shown some nice splashes but then does his best Houdini act and disappears for long stretches. Was it the prior coaching staff holding him back with the offense they were running or is it him. Big offseason for Edwards new front office and coach coming in that has no ties to him could easily fall in the depth chart or could rise with the improved game planning and play calling. Feels like anything could happen with him maybe even traded. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

One thing with McDaniels I wonder how he views Bryan Edwards. His first two seasons have been very underwhelming. Shown some nice splashes but then does his best Houdini act and disappears for long stretches. Was it the prior coaching staff holding him back with the offense they were running or is it him. Big offseason for Edwards new front office and coach coming in that has no ties to him could easily fall in the depth chart or could rise with the improved game planning and play calling. Feels like anything could happen with him maybe even traded. 

I'm very interested to see how Edwards, Moreau, Waller, Leatherwood, James, Koonce, Deablo, Perryman, Abram all do with a new coaching staff with no investment in them.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, agarcia34 said:

I’ve said it a few times but I’ll say it again:

Edwards was very miscast this year.  We need to send him on mid level crossing routes, comebacks/curls, and the occasional deep post. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve said it a few times but I’ll say it again:

Edwards was very miscast this year.  We need to send him on mid level crossing routes, comebacks/curls, and the occasional deep post. 

Yup we literally didn't use him to his strengths at all. Need to get him YAC opportunities, he's a load to bring down.

I have no problem saying Olsen was pretty mediocre, if McDaniels can call clever plays it'll be a huge upgradee.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Don’t think they have officially announced anyone on the coaching staff 

Hah, good shout actually. So it’s only McDaniels, Ziegler and Kelly we’ve officially acknowledged.

Thought coordinators might be worth a mention, but probably not a big deal either way.