Who’s Linked To O'Connell: Filling Out The Staff

gopherwrestler

35 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Eric Bieniemy’s contract with Kansas City is expiring. That means Bieniemy could re-sign with the Chiefs as their offensive coordinator or choose to depart the franchise for a new opportunity.

Head coach Andy Reid has said that Bieniemy helps call Kansas City’s offensive plays in partnership with him. And Reid has endorsed Bieniemy for a head coaching position many times. But the opportunity to be the undisputed play-caller may be appealing for Bieniemy to show just what he can do elsewhere.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/07/report-eric-bieniemys-contract-expiring-with-chiefs-could-sign-elsewhere-as-oc/

K/O wants a diversity of opinion and experience on his staff, what say you as Bienemy as OC?

He just interviewed for their head coaching position, but I couldn’t think of a better spot for Bieniemy than going to New Orleans as their OC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

This hiring season makes me appreciate the Wilfs more.  It remains to be seen if they picked the right people,  but a few of the other owners seem like they have no idea what they are doing

The Wilf’s are top notch business people and more importantly, they are top notch human beings. 

1 hour ago, marshpit23 said:

The Wilf’s are top notch business people and more importantly, they are top notch human beings. 

Uhhhh...I think some former business partners of theirs may disagree with you, but that's getting way way off track.

I like the Wilfs as the owners of the Minnesota Vikings and I'll leave it at that.

8 hours ago, RpMc said:

For those worried about 43 or 34. There’s virtually no difference outside of base personnel… which has become more of a subpackage than nickel. 

Also outside of maybe not having a second ILB that we should fel 100% confident in, most of our team translated to e a 3-4 pretty well (and a 3-3 nickel well)...now the corner situation...well that is bad in both lol

8 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

And how Sean Desai and Vic Fangio is not on that list I have no idea, if the basis for this search is coaches that were on the Rams and or Redskins with O'Connell, that is a pretty crappy search.  

Vic Fangio the Miami Dolphins have interest in and Giants have interest in Desai.  Again how the Vikings do not have interest in either is pretty sad but maybe those coaches have zero interest in the Vikings who knows.  

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

And how Sean Desai and Vic Fangio is not on that list I have no idea, if the basis for this search is coaches that were on the Rams and or Redskins with O'Connell, that is a pretty crappy search.  

Vic Fangio the Miami Dolphins have interest in and Giants have interest in Desai.  Again how the Vikings do not have interest in either is pretty sad but maybe those coaches have zero interest in the Vikings who knows.  

Maybe THEY aren't interested in the Vikings. Chill out.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Maybe THEY aren't interested in the Vikings. Chill out.

I said that exact same thing in the last sentence so I agree there.  Either way when one is on the fence about the HC hire the DC and OC better be outstanding hires and this waiting period till the Super bowl is over they could lose the best guys available.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I said that exact same thing in the last sentence so I agree there.  Either way when one is on the fence about the HC hire the DC and OC better be outstanding hires and this waiting period till the Super bowl is over they could lose the best guys available.

If you do some research Aubrey Pleasant is very impressive and would be an excellent hire.

• Like 2