Giants expected to hire Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka as OC

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

EB is so boring.

He has a rap sheet.

Dude could not stop getting arrested. (3 times at minimum)

He could have had his own episode of Cops.

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/

No NFL owner has to ignore this because of your feelings.

Find his alleged quote to the woman he allegedly choked and tell me if you want that representing your franchise.

I don't know all the details about his past and this isn't really the place to discuss that. But from what I saw, the last alleged incident was 20 years ago. At what point is someone allowed to put the past in the past? 20 years later should be about who he is now and what he's accomplished.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Here’s the issue with this take, all those things have allegedly happened yet he still has quite a high profile job in the sport. On top of that he’s still getting interviews left right and centre. Do I guess that some are Rooney rule driven? Sure. If it really was that big of an issue he wouldn’t be a candidate. The only people that would make noise about this (as they sure as heck aren’t saying anything now) are people who generally are miserable and live off fake outrage. 

He's on the team that features Tyreek Hill. I get that he is getting interviews so these people don't actively hate him. Its still a hard sell to pick him if you like 2 or 3 guys about the same. I just don't like him being the default standard bearer when there are 5-10 other guys as or more qualified who should have jobs.

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

what he's accomplished.

So RB coach  at Colorado, UCLA, Vikings and KC. OC Colorado and KC

Coached Peterson, Charles and MVP Patrick price. 

Wiki says he turned down Colorado HC position in 2020. Had he had success there then he'd get a HC gig in NFL. 

I think he will get a shot at HC gig soon and his past won't matter if he has success without Mahomes.

Edited by G

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

He's on the team that features Tyreek Hill. I get that he is getting interviews so these people don't actively hate him. Its still a hard sell to pick him if you like 2 or 3 guys about the same. I just don't like him being the default standard bearer when there are 5-10 other guys as or more qualified who should have jobs.

What does Tyreek have to do with anything 

16 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What’s wrong with his attitude? Come on let’s destroy the image even more. Is he cocky and arrogant or timid and unsure?

How should I know? ....you do know I'm not the one interviewing him, right? My point is he keeps getting interviews but not getting the job, so clearly something in those interviews is underwhelming. You have decided its due to one factor, but there are plenty of factors the public will likely never know about and it could easily be one of them instead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

How should I know? ....you do know I'm not the one interviewing him, right? My point is he keeps getting interviews but not getting the job, so clearly something in those interviews is underwhelming. You have decided its due to one factor, but there are plenty of factors the public will likely never know about and it could easily be one of them instead.

I haven’t decided anything

People said it’s because he doesn’t call plays. Kevin OcConnell doesn’t call plays and got the Vikings job.

The league is shifting towards more offensive minded coaches. He coaches offense.

His past is an issue. Matt Patricia’s past wasn’t clean and he still got the Lions job.

The point is we’ll never know how good of a head coach he can be until he gets a shot. He might flame out, most do but something isn’t right there. Top ranked offenses and defenses have a hard time keeping their coordinators but someone he’s the only one failing to get that promotion. 

12 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I want Pep Hamilton. Didn't even know who Kafka was before this.

I guess he coaches Patrick Mahomes, but that doesn't strike me as the most challenging job in the league.

He was an Andy Reid back up QB from Northwestern when Andy was in Philly. He lasted a couple years then went back to Northwestern then onramped onto Andy's KC staff. I am pretty sure he's been Mahomes QB coach every year he has started.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, AngusMcFife said:

Danial Jones in his 4th year will certainly be on trial by the front office, but hopefully Kafka can help him go through a metamorphosis into a great QB. 

I saw what you did there.  For the esoteric Milleresque reference I grant you 10 Harold Bloom points.

• Like 2