I'd be upset too if I were Aaron Rodgers.

16 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

HUH?  Give me another team that had their entire starting OL wiped out in a season.  Not talking just a guy or two .. talking about numerous guys for a long period of time.   "It's not really" isn't much of a response.

They lost 2 in season. Bakhtiari doesn't count. Jenkins and Meyers. Multiple injuries at the same position group isn't uncommon, it's even happened to the Packers in the Rodgers area. Look at some of the db or wr groups the Packers have had to work with in the playoffs. I'm not going to look up specific combos, but we've seen position groups hit like that here, and I'm sure that isn't a unique situation.

9 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I know my username is Defense Wins Championships but...

2005 = Birth of Aaron Rodgers.  

2006 = 1st round LB. 

2007 = 1st round DT. 

2009 = 1st round DT. 

2009 = 1st round LB. 

• 2010 = 1st round OT

2011 = 1st round OT.

2012 = 1st round DE. 

2013 = 1st round DE. 

2014 = 1st round Safety.  

2015 = 1st round Safety. 

2016 = 1st round DT. 

2017 = 1st round CB. 

2018 = 1st round CB. 

2019 = 1st round LB.

2019 = 1st round Safety.  

• 2020 = 1st round QB (slap in the face).

2021 = 1st round CB. 

▪︎ 18 years after his drafting and his GB Front Office only drafted him two 1st round O-Linemen + a backup QB? 

▪︎ Have never drafted him a 1st round WR/LG/C/RG/TE/RB despite 17 1st round draft picks?

▪︎ Have gone now 10 consecutive years/drafts without drafting him not even one (1) single 1st round Offensive teammate? 

(And why draft Jordan Love instead of giving Aaron Rodgers another superstar playmaking Offensive weapon @ WR opposite of Davante Adams? I never understood it).

Maybe I'm just an outsider fan looking in (Jets fan) but this seems/looks/feels absolutely criminal (to me).

Ignoring Offense every single 1st round imo has put a little bit of too much pressure on Aaron Rodgers (himself) while expecting him to get the job done @ QB (especially within an Offensive Driven League). 

☆ Just look at what he's been able to do @ QB with 2nd round picks in WR Greg Jennings (2006), WR Jordy Nelson (2008), WR Randall Cobb (2011), RB AJ Dillon (2020) and especially WR Davante Adams (2014).

☆ And then I ask myself; just imagine how many Super Bowl Championships Aaron Rodgers could've won if only his Green Bay Front Office would've maybe invested just another 5 1st round picks into his Offense @ Interior O-Line/WR/TE/RB/OT? 

Since the drafting of Aaron Rodgers...

13 1st round Defensive players.

vs.

2 Offensive 1st round players (+ 1 QB) . 

Green Bay fans: Am I wrong for feeling like this and/or have any of you Chesse Heads been frustrated with the lack of 1st round talents drafted for Aaron Rodgers to work with throughout his 14 years as a starting QB?

Nonetheless I really hope Aaron Rodgers remains in Green Bay because A.) I want him far away from the AFC and B.) As a Football fan born in 1985 I'm not used to seeing Green Bay without an elite QB due to growing up watching Brett Favre (1992-2007) and then Aaron Rodgers (2008-2021) and imo Football is Football when Lambeau Field becomes the Frozen Tundra come postseason play and C.) He's the heart and soul of Green Bay Packers fans and I'd hate to see you guys lose him without watching him retire a Cheese Head. 

Shut up...

He's had plenty of weapons and folded numerous times.

• Like 3

these are quick checks and might be off a spot or 2 in ranks

I just don't think the common/casual fan can critically think for themselves on where the issues have been.  Maybe some are just so into drinking the media kool-aid that Rodgers has needed more weapons

Ranks offense PPG Yards per game Defense ppg defense yards per game
2011 1 3 19 32
2012 5 13 11 11
2013 8 3 24 25
2014 1 6 13 15
2015 15 23 12 15
2016 4 8 21 22
2017 21 26 26 22
2018 14 12 22 18
2019 15 18 9 18
2020 1 5 13 9
2021 10 10 14 9

avg 8.64 11.55 16.73 17.82
top 5 5 3 0 0
top 10 6 5 1 2

26 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Shut up...

He's had plenty of weapons and folded numerous times.

He's also won you guys a SB MVP and the NFLs 2nd highest QB Rating of All-Time. 

(Despite his Front Office refusing to draft him 1st round talents).

Drafting Jordan Love instead of giving him Tee Higgins? That's criminal man.

With all of these 1st round Defensive players drafted you'd expect for GB to feature and provide AR with perennial top 5 NFL Ds year in and year out (which hasn't been the case).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

these are quick checks and might be off a spot or 2 in ranks

I just don't think the common/casual fan can critically think for themselves on where the issues have been.  Maybe some are just so into drinking the media kool-aid that Rodgers has needed more weapons

Ranks offense PPG Yards per game Defense ppg defense yards per game
2011 1 3 19 32
2012 5 13 11 11
2013 8 3 24 25
2014 1 6 13 15
2015 15 23 12 15
2016 4 8 21 22
2017 21 26 26 22
2018 14 12 22 18
2019 15 18 9 18
2020 1 5 13 9
2021 10 10 14 9

avg 8.64 11.55 16.73 17.82
top 5 5 3 0 0
top 10 6 5 1 2

That just goes to show Aaron Rodgers true offensive greatness. 

Can you please post that same chart for GBs Defenses throughout 2011-2021? 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There are a few, but it's not a large percentage of the fanbase.

The idea that Rodgers doesn't have enough talent around him on offense is bull****. An 11 Personnel squad of:

Adams/Larard/MVS

Tonyan

Jones

Bakhtiari/Jenkins/Myers/Runyan/Turner

is MORE than enough talent to win it all. Rodgers lack of success in the post season isn't about inadequate talent around him. 

It would have been nice to actually have this exact unit on the field the last 2 years so we could have found out. 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

HUH?  Give me another team that had their entire starting OL wiped out in a season.  Not talking just a guy or two .. talking about numerous guys for a long period of time.   "It's not really" isn't much of a response.

Not EXACTLY what you're asking but just for us recently there was the year we lost to AZ in the playoffs where we lost all our WRs and the year we lost to ATL where we lost all our CBs. 

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

We have the best receiver in football. Probably the best LT, maybe best LG. Overall good line. This arguement is lame!

To expand on this, what teams have a better duo of playmakers than Adams and Jones?

Maybe Minnesota with Jefferson and Cook

Maybe KC with Hill and Kelce

Maybe SF with Kittle and Deebo

Maybe TEN with Henry and Brown

That's it. Combined with an always good to top tier line, Rodgers has it pretty good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He's also won you guys a SB MVP and the NFLs 2nd highest QB Rating of All-Time. 

(Despite his Front Office refusing to draft him 1st round talents).

Drafting Jordan Love instead of giving him Tee Higgins? That's criminal man.

With all of these 1st round Defensive players drafted you'd expect for GB to feature and provide AR with perennial top 5 NFL Ds year in and year out (which hasn't been the case).

Well, as a Jets fan you know full well that a 1st round pick doesn't guarantee success.  Add in the fact that almost all of our first round picks have been in the mid to late 20s.

You can save the hindsight for all the mistakes your team has suffered through.  YOU KNOW first round picks are NOT sure bets.