Which hypothetical cloned player duo would you want for a season

viking

Which cloned duo?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which hypothetical cloned duo would you want to win a SuperBowl?

• WR: Cooper Kupp & Cooper Kupp
    • OT: Trent Williams & Trent Williams
    • EDGE: TJ Watt & TJ Watt
    • CB: Trevon Diggs & Trevon Diggs

28 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

The Seahawks are an example of what two Ramseys may be like, and they're the best modern defense in league history.

I’d give that accolade to the Broncos. Broncos’ defense literally had to drag Peyton & that offense to a SB victory while that Seattle defense at least had a great running game & good young QB to lean on. 

Edited by ClutchDJ

48 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

The problem is assuming Watt is closer to Donald than Miller.

I agree Von isn't on Watts level though - but he's closer to Watt than Watt is to Donald. 

Apologies if I misread your comment, I thought you meant Miller was right there with TJ. 

That said, Miller hasn’t been a high end player for sometime, tbh. In spurts, he can turn it on for sure. He’s not really close to the caliber of player Watt is now, though. Not coming off a record breaking DPOY season. En elite edge rusher, probably the league’s best right now, is closer to Donald (best overall player) than an elite edge rusher is to a solid veteran that can get amped in certain situations.

15 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

I’d give that accolade to the Broncos. Broncos’ defense literally had to drag Peyton & that offense to a SB victory while that Seattle defense at least had a great running game & good young QB to lean on. 

That's crazy. That Seattle defense has an argument for best ever when accounting for era

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Apologies if I misread your comment, I thought you meant Miller was right there with TJ. 

That said, Miller hasn’t been a high end player for sometime, tbh. In spurts, he can turn it on for sure. He’s not really close to the caliber of player Watt is now, though. Not coming off a record breaking DPOY season. En elite edge rusher, probably the league’s best right now, is closer to Donald (best overall player) than an elite edge rusher is to a solid veteran that can get amped in certain situations.

We just see Von differently. And Watt. And this strayed a bit off the path lol.

To me Watt is like Kupp. Best season for sure.

But nobody would trade prime Randy Moss for two Kupps.

In that same vein, I wouldn't trade Donald for two Watts.

Which was my argument for choosing two Ramseys over two Watts - I've seen a comparable impact to two Watts. Actually, I've probably seen better. Two Watts plus an average player likely don't have the same impact as the combo of AD, Miller and Floyd - even though Watt is better than both Floyd and Miller, AD is in the conversation for best defensive player ever. That defense was really really good - but I've seen it get beaten too. I've seen our average CBs struggle.

So I would rather have two Ramseys - a player who I think is borderline unique in NFL history - than two Watts.

I could put one Ramsey at safety, blitz him, do unique things in coverage. Normally I agree that a pass rusher is better than a CB - but Ramsey can do just about anything on the field.

The average time to throw for a QB, even against a bad DL, is usually just around 3 seconds. I'll take that and the coverage versatility over the pass rush of two Watts.

All a matter of opinion and perspective.

6 hours ago, viking said:

No love for Cooper Kupp even after one of the best recieving seasons of all time?

Would a WR duo that seemingly can always be open create a dominant offense?

Coop is a monster, but I feel like Cooper Kupp paired with Ja'Marr Chase or Tyreek Hill would be a more interesting question than two Cooper Kupps.

It's a tough choice between two Trent Williams and two T.J. Watt, but I have to go with two Trents because having both edges of the offensive line locked down allows for plenty of protection in the passing game, making up for average receivers, and plenty of holes in the run game, potentially making up for average running backs. If this is not for one season and is for the future, too, then I would take the two Watts because of age and current longevity. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Here's another question: 

What is the best possible offense you could have if your QB and skill position players were all clones of 1 player? 

You could have 6 Barry Sanders, Tom Bradys, etc. 

I think the answer is Lamar Jackson. But maybe Cam, because he'd be the better blocker?  

Deebo. Can run, catch, block and throw TDs.

Plus I'd prefer 2 Deebos than 2 Kupps. Do you stop the Deebo run or catch or put them both wide?

Although there is never, ever, anything wrong with 2 C Kupps.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:45 PM, Yin-Yang said:

A decade ago, maybe. Miller hasn’t been remotely close to TJ’s level for years now. Donald doesn’t cover the gap on Watt that Watt has on Von.

There's something to be said for the positional diversity though. Going up against 2 Watt's with no interior talent, you have your tackles set to depth and your QB has to be stepping up. That isn't an option if you have a dominant interior rusher. 

So the question then becomes, is the synergy gained from the positional diversity enough to merit the deduct in talent.