Troy Aikman moving to Monday Night Football

biggie.

On 3/2/2022 at 3:02 AM, CKSteeler said:

Are there actual fans who like Aikman? The suits at these networks seem to love him for some reason, but where are the fans in the wild? 

Madden could be repetitive. He had his mancrushes and often times just stated the obvious, but people liked him. Aikman is like listening to the sound of paint dry. Is there anything to this outside the fact that he's a big name?

In terms of NFL commentating in general, I found it kind of sad the few times I saw UK coverage that it was actually superior to the American product. Like a bunch of Brits can call a game better than guys who grew up with the sport.

Yea I like Aikman. I care more about what he says and I think he's pretty insightful.

I like his "I thought coming in...." takes when the game has started to take shape.

I vastly prefer him to Romo who I think is complete garbage.

But Nantz is a billion times better than Buck.

On 2/24/2022 at 11:10 PM, Soggust said:

I don’t really watch NFL network enough to remember burkhardt/Olsen 

PBP

1) Al Michaels
2) Mike Tirico
3) Jim Nantz
4) Steve Levy
….
6731) A dead cow 
6732) Joe Buck

Color Commentary

1) Tony Romo
….
6) Troy Aikman
7) Louis Riddick
……
10) Chris Collinsworth
11) Brian Griese

I used to like Michaels but can't stand him now. Has just gotten worse and worse.

Go watch the fourth and one in the Super Bowl that won the game. The Super Bowl. And listen to Michaels call the game deciding play of the Super Bowl. Did I mention it was the Super Bowl?

Dude called it like a combination of "I have no clue what the situation is" and a D2 college football game.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:12 AM, FrantikRam said:

I used to like Michaels but can't stand him now. Has just gotten worse and worse.

Go watch the fourth and one in the Super Bowl that won the game. The Super Bowl. And listen to Michaels call the game deciding play of the Super Bowl. Did I mention it was the Super Bowl?

Dude called it like a combination of "I have no clue what the situation is" and a D2 college football game.

I thought Michaels did a phenomenal job given his age, and left it to Collinsworth to overstate things. It was very Keith Jackson esque; you don’t need to be yelling and screaming in the booth. He just let the game come to him. But TNF is probably a good retirement home for him if he can lay off the boos for midweek road trips.

Edited by WheatieMan

On 3/11/2022 at 6:11 PM, notthatbluestuff said:

Interesting - Fox has the Super Bowl next year but now lack a #1 team. 

The contract starts this Fall, so they’ve (Aikman Buck) officially called their last games already? They need to give them one more year together at Fox.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:01 PM, 49ersfan said:

Amazon TNF - Michaels/Sean Payton

I don’t personally think SP will be very good. He’s not a natural speaker, he rambles a lot and stumbles over his words when looking for the right way to phrase something.