Troy Aikman moving to Monday Night Football

biggie.

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Feels like MNF hasn't had a memorable commentator in forever. Strong move by them. Not the strongest move, but still lightyears better then there cobbled together ESPN Sportscenter hosts. 

Tirico/Gruden were an underrated team.

• Like 13

Lot of changes upcoming in NFL broadcasting with Al Michaels also a FA. My guess

ESPN - Aikman/Buck (Disney ponies up for Buck)

NBC - Tirico/Collinsworth 

FOX - Burkhardt/Olsen

CBS - Nantz/Romo (no change)

Amazon TNF - Michaels/Sean Payton

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

Was listening to a Dallas radio show today during the early afternoon and they were talking about how Aikman gets trashed by non-Dallas NFCE teams fans cause they think he sucks up to the Cowboys while Dallas fans get upset at him for being very critical of the Cowboys. He basically was saying its funny how that works and he is obviously doing something right and highlighted again that he isn't afraid to speak his mind where some announcers want to be too nice to the players.

Years ago I used to think Buck/Aikman tandem was pretty bad, but I'd say they are slightly above average as a team. 

MNF announcing has been so bad these past years that Aikman is definitely an improvement. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Was listening to a Dallas radio show today during the early afternoon and they were talking about how Aikman gets trashed by non-Dallas NFCE teams fans cause they think he sucks up to the Cowboys while Dallas fans get upset at him for being very critical of the Cowboys. He basically was saying its funny how that works and he is obviously doing something right and highlighted again that he isn't afraid to speak his mind where some announcers want to be too nice to the players.

Years ago I used to think Buck/Aikman tandem was pretty bad, but I'd say they are slightly above average as a team. 

MNF announcing has been so bad these past years that Aikman is definitely an improvement. 

Yeah I've always thought he was pretty critical of them.

They get a lot of hate but they are pretty consistently fine. Not good but do the job, just a lack of real passion out of them.

I'm glad Tirico will be back, always thought he did a good job.

7 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Lot of changes upcoming in NFL broadcasting with Al Michaels also a FA. My guess

ESPN - Aikman/Buck (Disney ponies up for Buck)

Only reason why I don't see this (unless they agree to let him) is how much Buck likes and wants to do Baseball too. So he'd have to be on that team I would imagine. 

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I dont know if he is an improvement but as a non NFCE fan I can say it was torture having to listen to him commentate that Tampa philly playoff game. He was crying about how he didnt get to commentate the niners dallas game, as every commentators dream would be to call that one. Between him and Buck they literally dont stop talking too. At points I had to mute it just so I can watch the game without having them talk about pointless stuff. it has been tough at times through out the season watching fox because of those 2 commentating. The only plus I have to say is that they broke up him and buck. Funny thing is I actually enjoy listening to Romo and Nantz I think they are the complete opposite to Buck and Aikman. 

• Like 1