Troy Aikman moving to Monday Night Football

biggie.

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Was listening to a Dallas radio show today during the early afternoon and they were talking about how Aikman gets trashed by non-Dallas NFCE teams fans cause they think he sucks up to the Cowboys while Dallas fans get upset at him for being very critical of the Cowboys. He basically was saying its funny how that works and he is obviously doing something right and highlighted again that he isn't afraid to speak his mind where some announcers want to be too nice to the players.

Years ago I used to think Buck/Aikman tandem was pretty bad, but I'd say they are slightly above average as a team. 

MNF announcing has been so bad these past years that Aikman is definitely an improvement. 

That's funny, as that's the exact same thing Joe Buck gets for baseball and St Louis Cardinals fans. 

Fans just hate every damn broadcaster....or damn near every broadcaster but Aikman is fine by me. Regardless what you think of his actual skills, when he is calling a game, you know it's going to one of the best of the week and it just has a big game feel to it. So just adding that presence to MNF will help, especially if they can add Al Michaels as well. Then you will have some serious flashbacks and nostalgia from the time when Michaels used to call those games. 

I like Olsen but I think FOX may be trying to get a bigger name to pair with Buck for the time being. Rightfully or not, they want the star value. Payton, McVay, Brees etc provide that even if they aren't as good as Olsen. Will be interesting to see how that plays out and who gets the gig at Amazon. Warner is a name to watch as he was close to getting the MNF gig before Witten got it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Aikman is OK, but I miss John Madden.  It seems like forever since I heard him do a game.  :(

I never liked Madden when he actually called games. He drove me insane with the stupid "the team that scores more usually wins" type comments. Like he was talking down to the audience as if explaining it to a child. 

That said, ive rewatched some broadcast in my older years. He really wasnt that bad. He would get murdered by todays NFL audience though. They would ridicule him to death for Brett and Larry Allen obsessions. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont know if he is an improvement but as a non NFCE fan I can say it was torture having to listen to him commentate that Tampa philly playoff game. He was crying about how he didnt get to commentate the niners dallas game, as every commentators dream would be to call that one. Between him and Buck they literally dont stop talking too.

uhh.... didnt they only make like 2 comments, and one of them was after the game was over? methinks you are making stuff up.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I never liked Madden when he actually called games. He drove me insane with the stupid "the team that scores more usually wins" type comments. Like he was talking down to the audience as if explaining it to a child. 

That said, ive rewatched some broadcast in my older years. He really wasnt that bad. He would get murdered by todays NFL audience though. They would ridicule him to death for Brett and Larry Allen obsessions. 

uhh.... didnt they only make like 2 comments, and one of them was after the game was over? methinks you are making stuff up.

Again, the truth is fans just hate every broadcaster lol. Some love Romo and now you have many that find him annoying....Aikman is trash.......Collinsworth is trash to some.....You get my point. Never will satisfy fans. They can talk up Olsen now but guess what will happen in two years? Like clockwork Ha. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No reason for me to make things up as there is no benefit to it. He made blatant salty comments about not being part of Dallas game. Its just not professional. Dont care for him as he just rambles on about nonsense throughout games at times. Not worth 17 million per year but then again that MNF squad has been horrid for over 5 years. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Okay, then you are just misremembering. The only salty comment he made was after the game was over (or very nearly over). I watched it. You are wrong friendo. 

haha whatever you say. Fact is it was said and that is unprofessional and sounded like a child not getting picked to play. No need to get butthurt about my comment the dude is an overrated analyst that is being paid by one of the most overrated sports company. Its fine ill watch the mannings on Monday nights at least there is some form of entertainment, if I wanted to hear someone yammer away in my ear I would watch the bachelor or some other awful reality show. Cbs still manages to have the best combo with Nantz and Romo ill look forward to more of them and less of aikman.