GB free agency 2022

squire12

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Ideal remaining FA:

(1) Get Z Smith back on friendly deal

(2) Get Turner back on friendly deal

(3) Acquire vet WR with upside

Z's in MN today and unless his medicals stink....I think they'll sign him.

On 3/20/2022 at 3:39 PM, CWood21 said:

So...in other words, you're saying his production is completely dependent on Davante Adams?

I think his production is completely dependent on Aaron Rodgers.  Which is sort of different than Davante Adams.  But it's also not a real measure of what he's worth on the open market.

I think you could give a very borderline NFL receiver 100 targets in this offense.  Like say, Equanimeous St. Brown, and he would put up a somewhat efficient 800 yards.

I also think that if the Packers had Keenan Allen, he would've done almost exactly what Adams did these past 3-5 years.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Ideal remaining FA:

The Turner cut still seems weird, especially given the move with Adams. I know the Turner move came first so maybe we were still thinking Adams was coming back, but it's unfortunate because we saved about $2.5m and we don't even need it now. 

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Ideal remaining FA:

Z isn’t coming back… by all indications he and the front office had a bad falling out. Similar to Adams, it appears when GB didn’t give him a new deal last year that left him in a bad mood towards the team.

Guys like Nagler have indicated on his videos there is no way Z is coming back.

Why is Cooks a good option? The fact he has been traded a number of times turns me off. He must be wearing out his welcome at every stop.

If he was any good (which he is) and they liked him off the field his team would be doing everything they can to keep him but instead it's the opposite. I can't help but wonder why.

There has to be an underlying issue here and I think it's personality related. That's what my gut is telling me.

I think it would be smart to stay away and look at alternative options. The Packers after all always valued the sanctuary of the locker room which gives me confidence that the Packers have no interest in Cooks.

33 minutes ago, Chili said:

Why is Cooks a good option? The fact he has been traded a number of times turns me off. He must be wearing out his welcome at every stop.

If he was any good (which he is) and they liked him off the field his team would be doing everything they can to keep him but instead it's the opposite. I can't help but wonder why.

There has to be an underlying issue here and I think it's personality related. That's what my gut is telling me.

He complained about the offense in new orleans and got traded still in his rookie contract (for a first), balled out in NE and the pats traded him to avoid giving him an extension (another 1st), and they have been looking for a good receiver ever since. With the Rams he had concussions and still got traded for a 2nd.

Cooks would be a great addition. He has previously said he wont accept any more trades last year, and that if the team was trying to do that he would ask for his release and choose the destination himself. He mentioned that he loved playing with a QB like Watson, i think playing with AR would be attractive to him. so he could finally gets the respect he feels he deserves.

• Like 1

Z isn't coming back.  Yes he's ticked that he didn't get a new deal out of GB.  He basically agreed to TWO contracts with Baltimore only to bail on them because of the market set by Chandler Jones and Von Miller.

Dude wants money.  Plain and simple.  There is no "team friendly" deal that Z is going to do with any team.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is a little blackballed out there because of how he treated Baltimore.

Dude agreed to a deal, then re-worked the deal to more of what he wanted, then ultimately walked.  It's a bad look.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Z isn't coming back.  Yes he's ticked that he didn't get a new deal out of GB.  He basically agreed to TWO contracts with Baltimore only to bail on them because of the market set by Chandler Jones and Von Miller.

Dude wants money.  Plain and simple.  There is no "team friendly" deal that Z is going to do with any team.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is a little blackballed out there because of how he treated Baltimore.

Dude agreed to a deal, then re-worked the deal to more of what he wanted, then ultimately walked.  It's a bad look.

Yah doesn't help matters.  He is going to get a soft market because he blew out his back.  Serious on the medicals.  I'm glad it won't be the Packers paying him.  He should be grateful they kept him on last year when he showed up to training camp injured.  He made a lot of money last year and the Packers got nothing out of him.  He should have taken that Baltimore offer might be the best he's going to get.  We'll see.  

19 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah doesn't help matters.  He is going to get a soft market because he blew out his back.  Serious on the medicals.  I'm glad it won't be the Packers paying him.  He should be grateful they kept him on last year when he showed up to training camp injured.  He made a lot of money last year and the Packers got nothing out of him.  He should have taken that Baltimore offer might be the best he's going to get.  We'll see.  

I hope he signs with the Vikings.  He won't be "cheap".  Then we can see if that back makes him a drain on their cap.

Imagine having money long term tied up in Hunter and Z.  That's a lot of risk!

I'll always remember Z fondly, and I do wish him well, but man, you gotta think the league won't like a guy who backs out of two agreed upon deals.  

3 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

Interesting. Where did you hear that? 

Mainly Aaron Nagler… if you watched his daily YouTube videos he has hinted to this all last season and all off-season.

The tone is basically hell will freeze over before he returns. And he seems like he knows why and he wants to say but can’t. The main thing he mentions is he was very upset that the team didn’t give him a new deal last year (Ala Davante Adams situation).

He covers himself by saying maybe he comes back but all his videos and body language says don’t hold your breath… z is gone.