GB free agency 2022

squire12

Meh but plenty of ST experience as a gunner and upback apparently. Even managed to return a kickoff a few times. Will be just 25 when season starts. Good age, experienced, 4.42 speed. Exactly the kind of bottom of the roster signing you make.

I suppose from a knowledge and technique point of view its far easier to bring in someone already well versed in Bisaccia system rather than having to teach a whole bunch of players from scratch. We have far too many bottom of the roster players who has been badly coached resulting in poor decisions and technique during special team plays. Too many players, too little time to coach those guys up. Signing Nixon will be small help towards easing that workload.

Can't rebuild ST overnight. One small step at a time.

Dominik Eberle, Pat O'Donnell, Keisean Nixon

Edited by Chili

Lets just remind ourselves what Amari Rodgers is capable of:

There's no reason why he can't play a Deebo Samuel type role in our offence. I know some people are already suggesting we trade for Laviska Shenault which is understandable but i'm thinking what's the point of giving up a draft pick when we already have that kind of player on our roster in Rodgers.

Shenault is a shake and bake physical type of receiver who is very versatile but he does have one major flaw...he's not particularly quick.

Rodgers at least has some quickness about him. His RB type body gives him a unique profile which may allow us to move him around like the 49ers does with Deebo.

I'm not sure why we never unleashed him last year, at least give him some snaps to help him get comfortable and gain some experience using him in various ways.

Edited by Chili