2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True but Joe Flacco got paid big time bucks after he won the Super Bowl with the Ravens, not before.  And the Ravens had an absolutely great defense and the Eagles with Foles had a fabulous offensive line and a great D, not sure the Vikings are in that position with the D or the OL.  

But a NFL team just gave a 48 million dollar raise for a dude that is most likely a sexual predator, so clearly the NFL is flat out stupid in terms of money given to QBs.  

I’m going to say this and I hope everyone sees it. Do you actually believe millionaires and athletes are THAT stupid? People hate losing $100, do you really believe that these athletes or teams, wouldn’t hate to lose millions of dollars? You don’t think Cleveland did their due diligence to make sure they’re not getting a sexual predator? You don’t think Texas did their due diligence to make sure they’re not letting a sexual predator into society? Let’s just use logic before we call people names. None of us know Deshaun Watson as a person, but y’all are quick to call him a rapist. Funny how people in society think these days. Y’all think y’all have evidence on Watson that the entire state of Texas doesn’t. Mind blowing. Y’all should be district attorneys for Texas, what are you guys doing on this forum? 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True but Joe Flacco got paid big time bucks after he won the Super Bowl with the Ravens, not before.  And the Ravens had an absolutely great defense and the Eagles with Foles had a fabulous offensive line and a great D, not sure the Vikings are in that position with the D or the OL.  

But a NFL team just gave a 48 million dollar raise for a dude that is most likely a sexual predator, so clearly the NFL is flat out stupid in terms of money given to QBs.  

Flacco was already on the team.... Apples and oranges.

4 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

I’m going to say this and I hope everyone sees it. Do you actually believe millionaires and athletes are THAT stupid? People hate losing $100, do you really believe that these athletes or teams, wouldn’t hate to lose millions of dollars? You don’t think Cleveland did their due diligence to make sure they’re not getting a sexual predator? You don’t think Texas did their due diligence to make sure they’re not letting a sexual predator into society? Let’s just use logic before we call people names. None of us know Deshaun Watson as a person, but y’all are quick to call him a rapist. Funny how people in society think these days. Y’all think y’all have evidence on Watson that the entire state of Texas doesn’t. Mind blowing. Y’all should be district attorneys for Texas, what are you guys doing on this forum? 

This ain’t it man…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

If you believe Watson actually raped 22 women and was allowed back into society without serving time, in the state of Texas, you’re really dumb. That’s all I have to say.

If you believe that there was nothing improper there, and it was entirely fabricated and coordinated plot, I don’t think we have anything to talk about.

not into name calling, though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

So what are you saying then, all 22 of these women are liars?  Apparently the court case the jury only asked to hear one of the women speak out of nine that were there.  That seems more than a bit odd. 

As for Big Ben, well to me the Watson situation was absolutely worse.  The Big Ben thing, the one according to the ladies roommate, she "bragged to her about having consensual sex with Roethlisberger".  And she "revealed she was hoping she had gotten pregnant with a "little Roethlisberger".  Not sure that would be rape exactly and it was also not a line of 22 women waiting to say the same thing happened to them.

How is that the same thing as paying women to give you a massage in your home then exposing yourself to them and making them get you off sexually with a variety of things, then paying them, asking them to say nothing I am sure and just move on to the next one you will do the same thing with.  The Big Ben thing one could say it was consensual in all of those situations, with Watson it was?  No.  Oh you yes, you are a millionaire famous celebrity I should be so lucky to.....

I think you greatly underrate what exactly happened with Watson and the fact it criminally did not go to trial does not mean he did not do exactly what he is accused of.  He will just end up paying millions to the victims out of court and it will just go away.  Usually happens with people that have money.  

8 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

1-2 games after his suspension (if he has any), the majority of ppl (and most sports news announcers) will move pass (his past), and most of the focus will be that Browns have a top 6 QB now. 

Same thing happened with Ben Roethlisberger back in the day. Watson is indeed a top 5 QB in the league and I’m glad that he’s back and has a chance to clear his name. I don’t root for anyone’s downfall. 

1 hour ago, SotanKing said:

Looking back at Spielman's last season, he really overpaid Harrison Smith. Giving him 4 yr $64M contract (2nd biggest contract for a safety) at the age of 32 is such a huge overpay. There will be a dead cap of $8M even if Vikings cut Smith in 2024.

Lots of moves Spielman did towards the end of his tenure are head scratchers and have really restricted what KAM can do this offseason.

Paying off the ball LBs x2, paying a RB, paying 2NTs and paying a safety

Large allocation of resources to the less impactful positions. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, viking said:

Lots of moves Spielman did towards the end of his tenure are head scratchers and have really restricted what KAM can do this offseason.

I like Spielman when it comes to trading down in the draft but I really disliked the panic trades he made. Giving up 4th for that Jets backup TE was another head scratcher

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viking said:

I thought Brz was a cap genius?