2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

27 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

So I really really think they need to add at least 1 more boundary cb so they are not backed into a corner come the draft and have to reach for a need pick.

Right now you have Dantzer, Boyd and Hand, who can play boundary.

Sullivan and Hairston are more slot guys. Tye Smith shouldn't even make the team.

So at a minimum, one boundary FA CB, and one boundary CB draft pick. 

I feel comfortable everywhere else. 

By reach, you mean what? There will be a starting CB there at 12....is pick 12 not worth taking a starting CB? He might not be BPA, but if you trust the new FO to draft well, do you trust them to find a starting CB at pick 12? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

7 of these guys have already signed.

My preference is Steven Nelson. They can go Kevin King on the cheap with the Pettine connection. Gilmore they don't have the cap space for. Heyward was good last year but he's pretty old. Bringing Peterson back is an option but I think he needs to lower his price point.

If we can bring Peterson back and then re-sign Sheldon Richardson as well, our defense would be set for the draft. Kevin O’Connell seemed to talk highly of Bradbury so I think we’re keeping him at Center for at least another year. I was hoping we’d get Tretter but maybe O’Connell sees something in Bradbury that I don’t. I hope he’s right. 

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

By reach, you mean what? There will be a starting CB there at 12....is pick 12 not worth taking a starting CB? He might not be BPA, but if you trust the new FO to draft well, do you trust them to find a starting CB at pick 12? 

If the next CB available is the 30th best player on your board, and you decide to select him because you absolutely need a cb, then that would be a reach. You are letter all these other players slide and you have graded as higher, as having a bigger impact in the long term, because you need to fill an immediate need for a team that isn't superbowl ready to contend.

It's shortsighted, and it's foolish. 

11 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

If the next CB available is the 30th best player on your board, and you decide to select him because you absolutely need a cb, then that would be a reach. You are letter all these other players slide and you have graded as higher, as having a bigger impact in the long term, because you need to fill an immediate need for a team that isn't superbowl ready to contend.

It's shortsighted, and it's foolish. 

So is having no good CBs.......would you take RB every year if they were BPA? How about TE? What, really, is the LONG TERM delta between the 12 and 30th best player in a draft? 1 win over 3 years? The 30th best player in the draft is still a great player......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

So is having no good CBs.......would you take RB every year if they were BPA? How about TE? What, really, is the LONG TERM delta between the 12 and 30th best player in a draft? 1 win over 3 years? The 30th best player in the draft is still a great player......

yes i would. but how i would stack my board, they wouldn't become BPA til probably 2nd/3rd rounds. BPA takes into account positional surplus value with your first round picks.

Edited by battle2heaven
  • Like 1

Everyone is trying to mock the 2nd/3rd CB off the board to minny at #12. If that player is not the Best Valued Player Available , I’m not interested, hopefully that’s KAM thinking as well.  We’re a middle of the pack team and a potential reach at CB is not changing that. 

8 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Everyone is trying to mock the 2nd/3rd CB off the board to minny at #12. If that player is not the Best Valued Player Available , I’m not interested, hopefully that’s KAM thinking as well.  We’re a middle of the pack team and a potential reach at CB is not changing that. 

You know what guarantees they aren't good this year? No good CBs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Words cannot describe how awful Jesse Davis is. I hope for Kirk's sake that he never sees the field for you guys.

Luckily for Kirk, Davis won’t be asked to play tackle, which is where he struggled. 

The Vikings are looking at him at RG, or as a swing backup guard. And Davis’s play at guard has been ok. Yes, hopefully, one of the young players beats him out for the job, but if Davis plays guard in Minnesota at the level he did in Miami he’s an upgrade from what they’ve had the past couple of seasons. 

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

You don’t need to use #12 to get a good CB. 

What if CB isn't the BPA in round 2 or three? How long do we pass for BPA?

As I said above, what is, really, the delta between the 20th or 30th best player and the 12th? Certainly not a win. But, not having any CBs? That's a recipe for last year's defense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

What if CB isn't the BPA in round 2 or three? How long do we pass for BPA?

As I said above, what is, really, the delta between the 20th or 30th best player and the 12th? Certainly not a win. But, not having any CBs? That's a recipe for last year's defense. 

#12 is a point in the draft where you find impact/difference making players. That should be the goal. If that happens to be a CB, great! But you don’t pass on a higher graded player for a CB just because it’s a need.

They can fill out the roster with the rest of the draft. There will be plenty of similarly graded players in those rounds.