2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It seems like I'm the only one who actually believes in Cam.  🤣  Hell, my belief in Kendricks paid off, as it seemed a lot of people here a couple of years in were writing him off too.  😜

what, i believe in Cam, did you see my responses!?!?

5 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

what, i believe in Cam, did you see my responses!?!?

I must have missed it.  😉  Good to have you on board...it just seems like everyone thinks he's going to be a backup CB at best.  I believe he's going to be a solid starting CB.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I don't understand this mindset. Why, though? Yes, he had some outlier plays at unfortunate times that have stuck out, but..

2020 PFF grade 70.9
2021 PFF grade 73.8

He's only 23 years old. I think we are being too hard on him. He seems like a perfectly acceptable CB2 to me.

I agree, if we’re trusting anyone as boundary CB it would be Cam. Draft position means less and less every year in the league. It’s practically a non factor to me in determining playing status/starting ability

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I agree, if we’re trusting anyone as boundary CB it would be Cam. Draft position means less and less every year in the league. It’s practically a non factor to me in determining playing status/starting ability

So you can revisit your prior post about the Vikings being too low to get a QB next year.

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Cam Dantzler?  Depending on who they draft, that dude is going to have to compete like hell to be the starter opposite Peterson.  Sure Cam might have ok "grades" but one has to realize he has only started 17 out of 25 games total and last year was only 7 out of 14 games played, mind you they played 17 games last year regular season and starting only 7 and having Breeland start over you says a lot about how lacking he was at CB.

There is no promise the dude is a legit starting corner yet till he shows it, he does not react well to the football always, seems soft in tackling more often than not and not sure he has the ball awareness or speed downfield to make plays consistently.  If they draft a rookie 1st or 2nd round at CB he could no question start over Cam unless Cam is greatly improved over last year.  

Sure would be great if Cam Dantzler is a legit starter in the league but no way he has shown that yet.  

15 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

So you can revisit your prior post about the Vikings being too low to get a QB next year.

No, i think we will be drafting in a position in 2023 where we cannot effectively get one of the top QBs. It would just be too costly to move up compared to assets that other teams would have (with higher 2023 picks). 

51 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

No, i think we will be drafting in a position in 2023 where we cannot effectively get one of the top QBs. It would just be too costly to move up compared to assets that other teams would have (with higher 2023 picks). 

You can always effectively get one of the top QBs if you're willing to give up what it takes.  The Chiefs gave up 2 1sts and a 3rd to move up 17 slots for Mahomes. The Texans gave up 2 1sts to move up 15 spots to get Watson and the biggest deal of them all was the Rams giving up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rd, to move from #15 to #1 to get Goff (of course that one ended up not working out at all).

It also depends upon how many QBs will be available and how many teams will need them or want to get them...after this draft that may get a little clearer...and we'll have to see which "bridge" QBs may be able to perform better than expected and their team gives them a longer leash.

17 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Vegas/Ceasars has Vikings at 8.5 wins. 
Thats where I have them. 
9 wins, middle pack, picking 16-19 with no shot at one of the top QBs in the 2023 draft (too far to climb up). 

Vegas usually isn't wrong. It makes sense based on what we've done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

You can always effectively get one of the top QBs if you're willing to give up what it takes.  The Chiefs gave up 2 1sts and a 3rd to move up 17 slots for Mahomes. The Texans gave up 2 1sts to move up 15 spots to get Watson and the biggest deal of them all was the Rams giving up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rd, to move from #15 to #1 to get Goff (of course that one ended up not working out at all).

It also depends upon how many QBs will be available and how many teams will need them or want to get them...after this draft that may get a little clearer...and we'll have to see which "bridge" QBs may be able to perform better than expected and their team gives them a longer leash.

Sure i agree. 
it all depends on how teams view the QBs. What if the highly ranked QBs are rated as “top 5 pick draftable”. If Vikings are sitting 17-19, we might be looking at 3 1st rounders to move into #4/#5 slot to get that QB.  Not sure if that is something they’d want to give up. 

Edited by CriminalMind

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Sure i agree. 
it all depends on how teams view the QBs. What if the highly ranked QBs are rated as “top 5 pick draftable”. If Vikings are sitting 17-19, we might be looking at 3 1st rounders to move into #4/#5 slot to get that QB.  Not sure if that is something they’d want to give up. 

For a Josh Allen or Justin Herbert there shouldn’t be a question. You trade those picks. Getting the evaluation correct and developing the player are a different story. it’s hard to sit still and let a player fall into your lap unless you’re truly a lousy team.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Call it the Kirk Cousins effect

• Like 1