2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

50 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

What gives the offseason a B for you? It seems like you like everything they have done

B is a favorable grade. I just stated the things that I liked. That doesn’t mean I liked everything they have done. Also the offseason isn’t done yet, so this is grading their moves so far. With a few key signings (Richardson) and a solid draft (Stingley/Gardner) I would give it a higher grade. But like I said, a B is a high grade and good enough to keep me happy as a fan. If your question is what I didn’t like, I would say not getting an elite RG like Scherff. However I don’t think the cap is a myth and I understand that we can’t get everybody. It is what it is. Hopefully Chris Reed or one of the Davis’ step up and help solidify the IOL. 

Edited by Purplepride323

3 hours ago, Purplepride323 said:

B is a favorable grade. I just stated the things that I liked. That doesn’t mean I liked everything they have done. Also the offseason isn’t done yet, so this is grading their moves so far. With a few key signings (Richardson) and a solid draft (Stingley/Gardner) I would give it a higher grade. But like I said, a B is a high grade and good enough to keep me happy as a fan. If your question is what I didn’t like, I would say not getting an elite RG like Scherff. However I don’t think the cap is a myth and I understand that we can’t get everybody. It is what it is. Hopefully Chris Reed or one of the Davis’ step up and help solidify the IOL. 

Colts fans talked very highly of Chris Reed I think his PFF grade last year at guard was 72, similar to Ezra Clevelands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That contract, to me, suggests they see him as a backup. Your Mason Cole replacement. 

I mean, yeah sure. But if he outplays Jesse Davis, they aren't going to play Davis over him because he's make a 1m or 2 more. I honestly thing it's going to be best man wins the job.

• Like 1

Just now, battle2heaven said:

I mean, yeah sure. But if he outplays Jesse Davis, they aren't going to play Davis over him because he's make a 1m or 2 more. I honestly thing it's going to be best man wins the job.

I don’t think Reed will be a part of the competition at RG. He’ll be the LG and C backup. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think Reed will be a part of the competition at RG. He’ll be the LG and C backup. 

Given how Bradbury has played, the same logic that Mr. @battle2heaven was using for the RG position applies just the same to the center position. If Reed outplays Garrett Bradbury, they aren't going to play Bradbury over him because he's making more money. I sure hope it's going to be best man wins the job. It would be great if someone is able to beat Bradbury out. To this point in his career, Bradbury has been a liability on the offensive line.

With new coaching, it is hard to say who will win which positions but I sure hope that the best players win the job. I expect they will.  I just don't know who that will be.  No matter who it is, improved play at the center and RG positions would be a huge plus.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Given how Bradbury has played, the same logic that Mr. @battle2heaven was using for the RG position applies just the same to the center position. If Reed outplays Garrett Bradbury, they aren't going to play Bradbury over him because he's making more money. I sure hope it's going to be best man wins the job. It would be great if someone is able to beat Bradbury out. To this point in his career, Bradbury has been a liability on the offensive line.

With new coaching, it is hard to say who will win which positions but I sure hope that the best players win the job. I expect they will.  I just don't know who that will be.  No matter who it is, improved play at the center and RG positions would be a huge plus.

O’Connell was pretty clear in his interviews during the owners meetings that RG was the only job up for grabs along the offensive line.

Sure, Reed or someone they draft could surprise during offseason workouts and take the job, that’s always a possibility anywhere on the roster. But at this point it doesn’t appear that their plan heading into the offseason is to hold an open competition for the C position. 

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Jullian Taylor in limited playing time, 100 snaps in 2018 and 2019, had respectable PFF scores of 62 and 67. He had a 9.86 RAS during the draft process. 

Could be an interesting reclamation project this summer. 

I liked him the little he played on the 49ers, could be a strong 3/4 DE and has the size for it that is for sure and is not really a risk if he does not turn out.  

I assume Tomlinson is the NT but if they draft Jordan Davis he would be the other DE opposite Harrison Phillips or maybe they want to try Phillips as the NT.  

39 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I assume Tomlinson is the NT but if they draft Jordan Davis he would be the other DE opposite Harrison Phillips or maybe they want to try Phillips as the NT.  

Phillips will be the NT with Tomlinson at the 3T next to him. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Phillips will be the NT with Tomlinson at the 3T next to him. 

Not sure that is the best idea, Tomlinson was the NT on the Giants and did quite well there, arguably better than he did last year in a 4/3 as a DT.  I would say he is in the middle and Phillips outside of him and I assume Watts on the other side or James Lynch.  

Real interesting will be Twyman and where he plays, could be a great 3/4 DE as a pass rusher, and Willekes not sure how he fits in or Patrick Jones.  Willekes might have the athletic ability to play OLB but not sure Jones does.  Robinson I assume would be a OLB as well along with Surratt.  

Good thing one has DJ Wonnum because Z. Smith will get hurt next year at some point.  

• Like 1