2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

34 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Awesome they were able to resign him, real question is how much a year does he get and is it only one year again? 

Peterson said on his podcast today that he has agreed to a one-year contract to remain with the Vikings for the 2022 season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/30/patrick-peterson-stays-with-vikings/

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

LSU Pro day is April 6th.  Really need to see Stingley Jr workout, see if he is healthy.  Because unless he runs like a 4.3 or 4.4 40 with a vertical for 36"-40" and solid broad jump and 3-cone, I would really not be all that interested in him.  He would have to show some outstanding numbers athletically with the sub par play and injuries he has had the past two years in a row.  

Adrian Peterson had injury concerns when he was coming out of college as well. Stingley Jr’s freshman year at LSU might be one of the best of all time. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

Just now, Purplepride323 said:

Adrian Peterson had injury concerns when he coming out of college as well. Stingley Jr’s freshman year at LSU might be one of the best of all time. 

Sure but Peterson was an athletic freak show, also he missed time but not nearly as much time as Stingley.  He had three straight 1000+ yard seasons and 10+ TDs each year of his career.  Not to mention proved he was solid athletically at the combine running a 4.41 40, 38.5 vertical, 127 broad jump and 7.09 3 cone.  at 6 1 1/2 217 pounds.  Stingley Jr has not had a INT since 2019 and only played 10 games in the last two years, 7 in 2020 and 3 in 2021.  

He is athletically questionable and his health is a massive question, so hopefully he can do his pro day but with the time he has missed not sure he will have any wow numbers.  

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

That is a steal, great contract for a veteran CB with experience, no way is he worth $9 mil a year and great value for him and the correct price point really at this point in his career.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm happy for Peterson coming back. My hope is that Hand or Dantzler take a big step forward and we can draft Garden/Stingley, or even McDuffie and have a good defensive backfield.

I'm glad I didn't bet...but PP coming back is good for Dantzler the most, since he has the greatest upside of those currently in the CB group.  I honestly believe that with PP there and Daronte Jones coming back, this is the year that it might finally start to click for Cam.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Peterson coming back is huge. Starting to have some confidence in the defense. 

I've mostly given up any hope for Dantzler so would still like to see a CB at 12. 

i agree, it’s hard to pencil Dantzler as anything more than a backup boundary CB and he’s not high enough of a pick to be given the benefit of the doubt.  

27 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

i agree, it’s hard to pencil Dantzler as anything more than a backup boundary CB and he’s not high enough of a pick to be given the benefit of the doubt.  

I don't understand this mindset. Why, though? Yes, he had some outlier plays at unfortunate times that have stuck out, but..

2020 PFF grade 70.9
2021 PFF grade 73.8

He's only 23 years old. I think we are being too hard on him. He seems like a perfectly acceptable CB2 to me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I don't understand this mindset. Why, though? Yes, he had some outlier plays at unfortunate times that have stuck out, but..

2020 PFF grade 70.9
2021 PFF grade 73.8

He's only 23 years old. I think we are being too hard on him. He seems like a perfectly acceptable CB2 to me.

That’s the problem, Peterson is too. Neither should be a top guy and that’s what this team must add in the draft. Dantzler isn’t a slot CB so unless he drastically shows he can be a CB1, I think he’s riding the bench as the 4. 

19 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

That’s the problem, Peterson is too. Neither should be a top guy and that’s what this team must add in the draft. Dantzler isn’t a slot CB so unless he drastically shows he can be a CB1, I think he’s riding the bench as the 4. 

Why is he riding the bench? If the Vikings draft Gardner, then sure, I am right there with you that Peterson and Gardner should be starting CBs.

Having watched the other draft cbs, I don't think that is a guarantee for any of the other CBs.

I am also in agreement they should draft a cb; but it doesn't have to be round 1. I would take one in either first 3 rounds; the value has to be there. 

I think if the Vikings improve their front 7 pressure rate; which I think will improve if Hunter and ZS are healthy, having two above average CBs is winnable in this league. You don't need all pro's back there, you just need everyone to be at least competent so there isn't one specific player that gets exposed and picked on. 

Lastly, depth is always needed! We can see even if you start the year as a back up, you're going to play a lot. This is football, everyone gets injured, all the time. 

7 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Why is he riding the bench? If the Vikings draft Gardner, then sure, I am right there with you that Peterson and Gardner should be starting CBs.

Having watched the other draft cbs, I don't think that is a guarantee for any of the other CBs.

I am also in agreement they should draft a cb; but it doesn't have to be round 1. I would take one in either first 3 rounds; the value has to be there. 

I think if the Vikings improve their front 7 pressure rate; which I think will improve if Hunter and ZS are healthy, having two above average CBs is winnable in this league. You don't need all pro's back there, you just need everyone to be at least competent so there isn't one specific player that gets exposed and picked on. 

Lastly, depth is always needed! We can see even if you start the year as a back up, you're going to play a lot. This is football, everyone gets injured, all the time. 

Agreed on the injury part, Dantzler will surely play if starters get hurt. I just wouldn’t expect him to beat out the 12th overall pick if they go that route or Peterson.