2022 Offseason Discussion

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Given that SF has no need for Jimmy with Lance on their roster--I dont think it would cost anything more than a 3rd, which is probably what they would get for Baker in a trade so its all a wash anyways in terms of compensation.

Jimmy G fits this offense perfectly because its incredibly similar to the one he was just running in SF for the last X amount of years with Shannanan. I also bet thats the main reason why Stefanski wants Jimmy. He know he can run this offense and is everything Baker isnt in that regard. Hes like a better version of Case Keenum

He is also continually injured

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The only issue with Carr is that he is a yearly rollercoaster type player. Thats why the entire Raiders fanbase is torn on him.

He has a great year, then follows it up with a dud, then has a great year and then another dud. 

He is actually very similar to Baker in that respect.

Idk he has been pretty consistent the past 4 years. Know he be better if they had a more consistent defense. 

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jimmy Gs problem is that he gets banged up. 

He’s a monster on 3rd down.

He reminds me a lot of KC Alex Smith. A guy who will let his playmakers shine by simply getting them the ball, its hard to get him off the field because of their 3rd down success and will even surprise you in a game here and there with their arm talent.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

At the least that Cheddar guy kept good on his word when he hit the bricks.  Let's see if the others claiming to lose their fandom actually do so?

Nope, Ive been to other team-boards on here and they frankly are terrible.

Go hop on the Broncos board, its a collection of 9 people that hate everything about their team and every player on it. Every player sucks, nobody is good, who cares if they lose that guy, blah blah blah. Its miserable which is why I spend my time here and not over there.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He reminds me a lot of KC Alex Smith. A guy who will let his playmakers shine by simply getting them the ball, its hard to get him off the field because of their 3rd down success and will even surprise you in a game here and there with their arm talent.

Maybe we can sucker some team to give up multiple picks for Baker and only give up a 3rd for Jimmy G.

Contract wise it makes sense too. We avoid committing to Baker (which is all I care about) and Jimmys deal is done in 1 year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Nick Chubb and the defense led us to that win.

Also, newsflash, lots of QBs are posting accolades. Is Baker the current holder for most TD passes by a rookie? Tells you everything you need to know.

You like feel good stories.

1. It was a team effort....but lets not get revisionist history......that game Nick Chubb 18 carries for 76 yards 0 rushing TD's,.....Baker Mayfield 21-34 263 yards, 3 TD's, 0 int's....so then there facts with what really happened....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220394

2. No he is not...Justin Herbert was able to break it....in two more games....throwing to Mike Williams, Kenan Allen and Jared Cook.....and does Justin Herbert have any playoff appearances yet?.....so IF we examine the entire situation and not just what you WANT to see or how you WANT to remember things like in your first statement.....I hope looking at ALL the facts, tell you all you need to know.

And 3. I do like Feel Good Stories......but you know what...I like Facts too. Now while I respect your opinion, I dont know what its based on? I feel that based on the Facts of what really happened...I feel very confident in my earlier opinion offered, as well as this one. 

Please let me know anything in my last reply or this one that ARE NOT FACTS...is all I'm asking.

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Maybe we can sucker some team to give up multiple picks for Baker and only give up a 3rd for Jimmy G.

Contract wise it makes sense too. We avoid committing to Baker (which is all I care about) and Jimmys deal is done in 1 year.

Yuuup. I dont like giving up on Baker but something just seems to be off with his relationships inside the building, with the staff, certain players.

My brother in law told me there was some Browns defensive players that talked some smack to him at some point, he threw veiled shots at Stefanski, had his issues with OBJ, beefed with Duke Johnson, ect, ect. The list goes on.

It just always seems like there is something going on, like a drama magnet and I think the FO/Staff are about sick of it and not going to pin their careers to Baker.

It sucks because I believe he can turn it around and be a top 15 QB with the right system--it just looks like he wore out his welcome here with the Browns and the writing is on the wall.

UPDATE: 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

I will say this. IF the Browns trade for Watson, I will be excited for the football player but uncomfortable with the person he is. It will be incredibly rough for the Browns PR staff initially that's for sure & the pressure to win now would be astronomical. I still believe Watson ends up in the NFC. If I'm the Texans, I want Watson nowhere near the AFC.

Peace!!!