2022 Offseason Discussion

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Carr is.. idk man.  Like, he’s better then Baker, but he’s not GOOD.  

If the raiders don’t think Carr is good enough to go toe to toe with those teams, I’m not sure we should either.

Carr is an improvement, sure, but I’m not trading a first and then some to get him.

Hes nothing amazing, but he fits thats 'game manager' type player this coaching staff is looking for. He is in the same category as Jimmy G/Alex Smith/Case Keenum in terms of style.

The difference is Carr brings a little more upside/take over game ability/pazzaz than the others do. 

He would be a elite level "I only want our QB to throw the ball 22x per game" type of guy since thats what we look for in this offense.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Oh for sure, hes not going anywhere *until* the Raiders realize with Carr vs Mahomes/Wilson/Herby they wont be going anywhere for the forseeable future.

Its just a matter of how long will it take them to realize they are likely out of that race for the next few seasons and use their time to rebuild. Maybe next offseason if they go 6-13?

Just trying to stay positive lol

I don't want a guy like him in the AFC North, especially with his track history of playing poorly in inclement weather in Cleveland. If we were a dome team, maybe, but we aren't.

I'd literally never go for anything other than an elite armed QB here in the AFC North, and successful Midwest teams like the Packers with Favre/Rodgers, the Bills with Kelly/Allen, and the Steelers with Ben/Bradshaw feel the same. It's a no brainer.

Bernie was fun in a different era...times have changed.

• Like 1

So now the move is to get Carr for a 1st and 3rd and Baker??

I'm starting to think everyone is just throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks

That would be a terrible trade and a waste of a 1st and 3rd. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess.  I don’t think you’re wrong here, I just hate the idea of seeing ‘22 be a fart noise of a season just cuz.

In my world, this Baker situation unfortunately probably isn't salvageable, which sucks. So, this is the next best option IMO, and that's a frustrating one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes nothing amazing, but he fits thats 'game manager' type player this coaching staff is looking for. He is in the same category as Jimmy G/Alex Smith/Case Keenum in terms of style.

The difference is Carr brings a little more upside/take over game ability/pazzaz than the others do. 

He would be a elite level "I only want our QB to throw the ball 22x per game" type of guy since thats what we look for in this offense.

I’m not trading Baker a 1 and a 3 for a game manager in the same category as journeymen and backups.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Welp, I guess the best thing to do is get Jimmy G and then draft one.

Back to this game again........sigh.

Or just stay the ******* course lol 

Let Baker play year 5.  Extend him, franchise him or move on from there.

This doesn’t have to be tricky or involve a bunch of moving pieces.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Welp, I guess the best thing to do is get Jimmy G and then draft one.

Back to this game again........sigh.

See...i think Jimmy G has some game to him...when healthy.  He is streaky though, and that inconsistency won't bode well for us.  I think this may be best case scenario if Watson is gone!

I just wonder if we draft one this year or next?  or both

Hope the team can resolve the issues with Baker.

I'm not sure Carr is better than Baker is at his best. A bit more consistent, yes, but certainly not worth giving up valuable assets for. Jimmy G? Yeah, no thanks.

Ride or die with Baker this year. If he sucks, move on in 2023. If he plays well, slap the franchise tag on him.

Basically, let's just hope the relationship between Stefanski/FO and Baker isn't as bad as the media has been suggesting.