Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

39 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Good thing we don't have either.

Signing Julio would do us no good. Our best chance at a solid #2 WR went out the window with Allen Robinson going to LA. They need to save their salary space to resign Terry McLaurin. I'd rather resign Cam Sims and DeAndre Carter to go with Terry and Curtis Samuel. Sign a possession WR on the cheap or draft one.

The big money at WR needs to be saved for Scary Terry.

I mean, I get that but come on. This idea that we need to save money is getting kinda ridiculous at this point. They aren't doing anything. They created a hole on the OL so they could sign a former Rivera Panther and we got swindled in a trade. This off-season has sucked.

Just now, lavar703 said:

I mean, I get that but come on. This idea that we need to save money is getting kinda ridiculous at this point. They aren't doing anything. They created a hole on the OL so they could sign a former Rivera Panther and we got swindled in a trade. This off-season has sucked.

No doubt it hasn't been great. If we don't resign Terry McLaurin, I will be officially done with this team. Especially since they gave all that money to Curtis Samuel and he has done NOTHING for this team.

This has nothing to do with what the team has done so far and everything to do with doing the right thing for the most team oriented player this team has had in a long time. Terry McLaurin is the epitome of a leader by example.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hard pass on the price and the cap numbers. Even for the best WR in the game.

Packers could be an interesting trade back partner. Considering both their first rounders are back in the late 20s they may be a team that wants to trade up for a WR. 

this draft is going to be interesting. I could see a huge WR run in the teens and maybe only 1 or 2 QBs taken in the first

23 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Packers could be an interesting trade back partner. Considering both their first rounders are back in the late 20s they may be a team that wants to trade up for a WR. 

this draft is going to be interesting. I could see a huge WR run in the teens and maybe only 1 or 2 QBs taken in the first

I mean, we could just take one of those good receivers...

12 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

No doubt it hasn't been great. If we don't resign Terry McLaurin, I will be officially done with this team. Especially since they gave all that money to Curtis Samuel and he has done NOTHING for this team.

This has nothing to do with what the team has done so far and everything to do with doing the right thing for the most team oriented player this team has had in a long time. Terry McLaurin is the epitome of a leader by example.

I feel strongly that they’re not going to lose Terry. They’re falling all over themselves talking about how they want to extend “a couple guys” on the roster right now — which has to be Payne and Terry, because who else would it possibly be? They know there will be a goddamn revolt if they let Terry walk…no one, not even them, could be that oblivious. 

Once they’ve done the extensions with Terry and Payne, though, the money situation really is going to start getting a little snug. I had Terry figured for $17M AAV before this offseason, but now I don’t see how it gets done for less than $20M. Payne shouldn’t get Allen money, but things get a little awkward if you have to tell him that you don’t think he’s worth what you just gave his buddy this time last year. One of many reasons that keeping Payne is just not a good idea, but what can you do?

At that point, I do really hope they’re ready to start playing all the money games that they seem reticent to engage in at the moment. Sweat and Gibson are just around the corner. Young and Cosmi will be following right after that. Those aren’t all “must” signs, but it would be awfully silly to let a good DE walk because you insisted on keeping a good DT, so they’ll have to find some way to make Sweat/Young work at least. 

Edited by e16bball

Incidentally, Terron Armstead is clearly the best player left out there at this point. All that cap space they cleared up…if they wanted to shock the world and do something creative (spoiler: they don’t), they could sign him, move Leno to RT, and move Cosmi to RG. That would be a pretty awesome OL at that point, because I think Cosmi could be a Pro Bowl caliber guard. 

Armstead - Norwell - Roullier - Cosmi - Leno

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Incidentally, Terron Armstead is clearly the best player left out there at this point. All that cap space they cleared up…if they wanted to shock the world and do something creative (spoiler: they don’t), they could sign him, move Leno to RT, and move Cosmi to RG. That would be a pretty awesome OL at that point, because I think Cosmi could be a Pro Bowl caliber guard. 

Armstead - Norwell - Roullier - Cosmi - Leno

Still holding out for the dream they pay Wagner, worth to overpay would significantly help out Jamin and Cole.

1 hour ago, rizzy said:

Still holding out for the dream they pay Wagner, worth to overpay would significantly help out Jamin and Cole.

I don't think they'll do anything to jeopardize the Scherff 3rd round compensation pick. This is similar to the Kirk situation where they totally avoided free agency just to prevent themselves from getting something in return. 

42 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't think they'll do anything to jeopardize the Scherff 3rd round compensation pick. This is similar to the Kirk situation where they totally avoided free agency just to prevent themselves from getting something in return. 

That's what smart teams do.