Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

This is a real knee slapper.

The Dolphins did trade a second round and fifth pick for Josh Rosen despite Rosen going 3-10 as a starter while completing 55 percent of his passes for 2.2k yards, 11 TDs, and 14 INTs.

So you never know!

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

LOL! It's a bad week to try and stop sniffing glue! 

Bad week to give up drink amphetaminess and cigarettes too, I feel for the Airplane guy.

Very disappointed Gute didn't move on from Rodgers this year. 

Have to re-visit this in 3-4 years time and see where keeping Rodgers got us to. I think it's too big a contract AND it's for too long (for a guy that will be 42 in December of his final year). It also misses out on two shots to move on from Rodgers to a new starter (Love and a potential QB in 2023, if Love fails to work out).

We could have Rodgers playing like the final years of Roethlisberger or P.Manning (ie totally shot). A fast regression is very possible despite what Rodgers did last year. Worse is that I expect so much money to be pushed into the future, if Rodgers cannot play out his contract through injury or steep regression, the cap hit could be monstrous. I think Gute should have moved on, embraced the new and done it this year. I think the way it is now, the future will bite back.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Nah man that's all out the window.  There is a pretty good chance Love gets traded now.  We'll have to get a decent offer or we'll just keep him around as a back up.  Even if he begins to show promise he'll never eclipse Rodgers.  Packers have committed to Rodgers until he retires.   End of story.  

I think Love would have more value for us than anybody else out there to back up Rodgers going forward.  And Love hasn't shown much so what could we really get for him in a trade?

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

The Dolphins did trade a second round and fifth pick for Josh Rosen despite Rosen going 3-10 as a starter while completing 55 percent of his passes for 2.2k yards, 11 TDs, and 14 INTs.

So you never know!

Yeah .. it happens.  Given this years Qb draft and free agent class we could wind up being surprised.  I wouldn't trade the guy for a mid round pick .. it would have to be something substantial.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Rodgers gets what he always wanted. The hemming and hawing was about leverage and making sure the supporting cast would be there. And it also disguised the real goal - getting what Favre didn't. They picked him over his replacement. Now that this part of the equation is settled more and more people will talk about Love's fate. And that discussion will yield to more people understanding why Love will be traded.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Big fan of Robinson but he's going to get some big bucks in FA.  Having him along with Adams in GB well that would be the best WR tandem we've had in some time. 

Some speculation - I included him in my mock draft and think he would focus on environment and QB play more than anything else. He's had comically bad QBs through his career and got to see Rodgers twice a year lately. I think he's reasonable.

Reading between the lines on recent Vin Miller reports, it seems he wants to play with Rodgers too. Wonder if talks with Preston stall we don't just cut both Smiths and bring him in. I don't think it will materialize with Miller though.

Get ready for a Peyton/Brady level of established players flocking in to join the SB hunt.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Rodgers gets what he always wanted. The hemming and hawing was about leverage and making sure the supporting cast would be there. And it also disguised the real goal - getting what Favre didn't. They picked him over his replacement. Now that this part of the equation is settled more and more people will talk about Love's fate. And that discussion will yield to more people understanding why Love will be traded.

If Rodgers would just say that he is committed to play another three or four years they would probably look to deal Love.  As it is we have no guarantee that Rodgers won't walk away after this season.  No point in dealing Love, when it's unclear how long Aaron wants to play.  Aaron doesn't seem to hate Love .. he actually seems to like him based off of his comments from Pat McAfee's show.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Since Rodgers gas been with Woodley, Rodgers has won 2 MVPs, Made playoffs multiple times, went to 2 NFC championships and ultimently committed to GB to multiple more years. The Yoko comparison is bad. She's weird as hell, but he's played well since he's been with her for the most part.

You conveniently left out all the Yoko stuff lol. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

This deal pretty much closes the love window on his rookie deal.

This team isn't going to need a "good" backup.  They should trade love and then draft a QB in the first round

History does show they like to draft QBs in the first round after they sign their starter to a 4 year extension, so it could happen.

• Like 1

Just now, skibrett15 said:

This deal pretty much closes the love window on his rookie deal.

This team isn't going to need a "good" backup.  They should trade love and then draft a QB in the first round with a WR on the board that this board suddenly pretends to like

you almost nailed it!