Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

1 minute ago, Striker said:

When you're paying WR1 money, CB1 money, NT1 money, QB1 money, and eventually EDGE1 money...you eventually run out of flexibility for free agents.

So we better hope Gute knocks it out of the park with draft picks.

Also paying OT1 money.

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

And I'm actually most interested in the last 12 years of not making it to the big game, not so much just the playoff wins.  As a starter, ol Rodg has more playoff losses than wins.

Is this the NBA where one guy can control the entire game? Lol. Listen to his peers not people in dead forums

Just now, PackFan13 said:

Is this the NBA where one guy can control the entire game? Lol. Listen to his peers not people in dead forums

We should have beat the Bucs last year, we should have beat the 9'ers this year.  Our elite money QB failed in games that should have been won and would have been won had he played to his money.  He failed.  That goes for a number of those playoff games the decade before these.  We're not asking Ol Rodg to be as good as Brady in post season, we're just asking him not to suck.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Striker said:

Right, forgot Bakh. And Jenkins will be OL1 money of some sort.

Such is the privilege of having the best players in the league.  The fact that the Packers front office, which Gute has been a part of, has drafted the league's best CB, Edge, NT, OT, IOL, WR and QB suggests, as an organisation, they may well be able to continue to draft well over the next 3 years (and beyond).

Figuring out how to make the pieces fit together is a challenge for all teams. 

Many didn't think we'd be able to bring back Rodgers, Adams, Preston Smith and Campbell, without cutting the likes of Lowry, Amos or others. Yet here we are.   

But having the best players is a good 'problem' to have and suggests the Packers are doing more right than wrong. 

22 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

take something way too seriously

“...so he asked me, "Where are you today, right now ?"

Eagerly, I started talking about myself. However, I noticed that I was still being sidetracked from getting answers to my questions. Still, I told him about my distant and recent past and about my inexplicable depressions. He listened patiently and intently, as if he had all the time in the world, until I finished several hours later.

"Very well," he said. "But you still have not answered my question about where you are."
"Yes I did, remember? I told you how I got to where I am today: by hard work."
"Where are you?"
"What do you mean, where am I?"
"Where Are you ?" he repeated softly.

"I'm here."
"Where is here?"
"In this office, in this gas station !" I was getting impatient with this game.
"Where is this gas station?"
"In Green Bay?"
"Where is Green Bay?"
"In Wisconsin ?"
"Where is Wisconsin ?"
"In the United States?"
"On a landmass, one of the continents in the Western Hemisphere. Socrates, I..."
"Where are the continents?
I sighed heavily. "On the earth. Are we done yet?"
"Where is the earth?"
"In the solar system, third planet from the sun. The sun is a small star in the Milky Way galaxy, all right?"
"Where is the Milky Way?"
"Oh, brother, " I sighed impatiently, rolling my eyes. "In the universe."

I sat back and crossed my arms with finality.

"And where," Socrates smiled, "is the universe?"
"The universe is well, there are theories about how it's shaped..."

"That's not what I asked. Where is it?"
"I don't know - how can I answer that ?"

"That is the point. You cannot answer it, and you never will. There is no knowing about it.
You are ignorant of where the universe is, and thus, where you are. In fact, you have no knowledge of Where anything is or of What anything is or How it came to be. Life is a ( beautiful ?) mystery.

"My ignorance is based on this understanding. Your understanding is based on ignorance.

This is why I am a humorous fool, and you are a serious jackass.”

excerpted from The Way of the Peaceful Warrior

With the click of a pen, Gute is no longer handcuffed to Jordan Love's immediate future.  Love still could become a decent QB and very well might in Green Bay, but the Rodgers signing certainly buys Gute some time.  Love is certainly further in the background then he was yesterday.  Im still anxious to see how he develops.,          

12 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

After reading this thread I think I might give up football and go back to duck hunting in the fall.

Funny you say that, I only mess around here in the offseason, since there is no hunting. I might show up in a GDT here or there during the fall but I just have too much fun in the woods to be online.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 15412 said:

And I'm actually most interested in the last 12 years of not making it to the big game, not so much just the playoff wins.  As a starter, ol Rodg has more playoff losses than wins.

I was going to respond until I saw you're a person who genuinly belives Ws and Ls are a QB stat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We've been trying for a decade and have come up empty ... why would anything be different this year, or the next, or the next?

Cmon . Because if a bounce or two goes our way things are different or if Bahktiari never gets injured we probably have one or two.

Theres a lot of luck involved with winning a SB . A lot of it. Just because we didn’t get the job done the past two years doesn’t mean anything this year.

We are literally a 1-3 favorite in the nfl and you wanna give that up. That’s insane 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Not sure what timeframe or game you're referring to...but the Broncos odds of going to the playoffs or getting a bye week are heavily diminished without adding Manning. His presence made more players want to join the team. No Peyton and odds are they would have continued their 7 to 9 win dance they had going for years

Exactly, people would rather plug their ears and scream into the wind about single game anomalies as reason for a single individuals outcome in arguably the biggest team game on the planet... Tom Brady has laid plenty of eggs in his post season career while Bill and Co, and Arians dragged him to a win regardless as numerous people have stated as much over the months.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I was going to respond until I saw you're a person who genuinly belives Ws and Ls are a QB stat. 

Wrong.  Not a stat.  A responsibility.  The more you pay the man the more responsibility he has.