Aaron Rodgers Extended

Abe56

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

So what is Jordan Love worth on the trade market right now? And where does he wind up?

A second, maybe?  I imagine, unless there's still a GM that was high on him at draft time that still has a job, the best they'll get is Denver.  If the former Pack OC doesn't want to give up a second for him, then that tells you all you need to know about his value.

11 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I don't see why they don't keep him, at least for this upcoming year. 

Because he'll never start on his rookie contract, they just had to cut Zadarius Smith (and probably will cut some more), and have a long list of free agents they can't afford.  If they can get draft capital for Love, they need to, since they're in win now mode and he won't help that.

If they can't move him, it's a huge wasted pick.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

A second, maybe?  I imagine, unless there's still a GM that was high on him at draft time that still has a job, the best they'll get is Denver.  If the former Pack OC doesn't want to give up a second for him, then that tells you all you need to know about his value.

Because he'll never start on his rookie contract, they just had to cut Zadarius Smith (and probably will cut some more), and have a long list of free agents they can't afford.  If they can get draft capital for Love, they need to, since they're in win now mode and he won't help that.

If they can't move him, it's a huge wasted pick.

That's fair. Plus, if you are trading a prospect at QB, I guess this would be the ideal year to do so, with such a weak draft at the position. 

• Like 1

Still nobody can understand that Jordan Love is the reason Rodgers got good again. He was complacent until his replacement shared the locker next to him.

Was the best pick possible for GB. Rodgers has essentially admitted this himself lol

Also, no reason at all to trade Love. He's clearly the best value back-up in the event that our "all-in" team loses Rodgers for a stretch of games. We aren't going to find a cheaper back-up that's any better.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't like this. You can't win a Super Bowl paying him that much. It shows he values money over winning at this point. If true, of course.

If you think the money is too much why do you blame the player?  No player is gonna say no to that kind of coin unless your wife makes more than you do.  If anyone is to blame is Packers' management.  Hopefully some of this is pushed back and is absorbed when the cap increases in 2023.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

If you think the money is too much why do you blame the player?  No player is gonna say no to that kind of coin unless your wife makes more than you do.  If anyone is to blame is Packers' management.  Hopefully some of this is pushed back and is absorbed when the cap increases in 2023.

I don't blame him. If it's true, I don't want him though. Especially at that price.

Lot of Packers fans apparently upset that their all world QB is coming back. Meanwhile in Denver the Osweiler/Sanchez/Siemian/Lynch/Keenum/Flacco/Lock/Rypien/random WR/Bridgewater carousel keeps going with no end in sight. Probably Mariota or Trubisky this year, who knows what in 2023. 

• Like 2