Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

The fact that there are people on here arguing over whether a top10, hell even 12, QB who has won a superbowl isn't worth 2 firsts and 2 seconds and cap relief (you don't pay Fant as he's a TE who falls down when touched by punters...Harris was already on the decline...and Lock is as bad as it gets in the NFL with accuracy)...it's comical man. Trades like this never used to happen and now there have been higher price tags paid for CBs or Tackles. Like what is actually happening in this thread? I don't think it's arguable that it's an amazing trade for the Broncos. It can also still be a great one for Seattle if they play their cards right. Both can be true

this is where I'm at as a Broncos fan. I was expecting to have to give up three firsts and when I saw the trade compensation I was pleasantly surprised.  Is it a haul sure it is you have to give up something to get something of magnitude. 

I do think Denver has talent on offense Javonte is probably the best back he's had since beast mode. I do love all the wrs as well they really are underrated.  watching Bridgewater last year was so underwhelming and to go from him to Wilson who has masked a lot of the offensive flaws in Seattle last couple years is well worth it. Even for the steep price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Yo we don’t even know how good Jerry Jeudy is yet or Javonte Williams. 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them make the pro bowl this year with Russ. 

Denver is loaded Courtland Sutton is a top 5 number 2 receiver. Plus Hamler and Patrick I think you’re absolutely sleeping on Denver. 

but I don’t blame you too much they haven’t been able to showcase their talents because of the QB situation. But by the end of the year your list is gonna look incorrect for sure.

I agree with this. People are going to be surprised by how good Denver's receivers look with Wilson. I think Jeudy will be considered a top 10 WR by the end of the year. 

Javonte Williams showed last year he can be one of the top backs in the league. 

And FWIW - GM George Paton said addressing QB was top priority.     It's well reported when he was hired, he was hired with the understanding he'd let Fangio & Shurmur get "their guy" for 1 year, then he could make his own calls.

Since that time:

1.  Had one of the, if not the top draft of 2021.

2.  Traded Von Miller for a 2nd/3rd, without acrimony, and on good terms - to the point Von could return.

3.   Despite multiple reports about Fangio having a lot of support in the FO - correctly decided Fangio was a goner.    And cleaned house, very few to any holdovers (WR coach and DL coach retained, that's about it).

4.   Acquired Wilson, and without having to trade 3 1sts (remember, that's what WAS offered).

No one is perfect, but after passing on QB last year, and how poorly the O (and especially QB) played this year - Paton's one black mark on 2021, understanding the context - was not addressing QB.  And then this.    Nothing is set in stone, and it's early yet, but man, George Paton is doing nothing but instilling a massive amount of hope & confidence in DEN's long-term future as our GM.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Denver still 4th in their division but they’re closer to 1 than any other 4th best team in their division. AFC West is going to be so fun to follow.

The team 4th place team in the AFC North literally has the best betting odds of winning the AFC North.

And honestly none of the 4 teams winning that division or finishing last would be surprising.

Edited by wackywabbit

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The team 4th place team in the AFC North literally has the best betting odds of winning the AFC North.

And honestly none of the 4 teams winning that division or finishing last would be surprising.

No way the Steelers are that close to winning the AFCN compared to any team in the West 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Just now, wackywabbit said:

If Pittsburgh somehow hits on a QB - whether via trade or in the draft - the AFC North will be the best division in league history if the Ravens are healthier.

If the Steelers find a QB, it's not a stretch to say the AFC champs are the least talented team in their own division.

Even if the Steelers don't, they may be better than the Raiders.

Bengals/Ravens/Browns could easily be better than the Chiefs/Chargers/Broncos