Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Any Broncos fans (or rival AFC West fans) have a take on the 3 players?

• Fant is probably the best known of the 3 and looks pretty good.
  • I know Lock had his struggles in limited play time.
  • I don't know much about Harris at all.

Harris is the best player, probably the centerpiece of the return on the player side.

Fant is good, but his injuries and lack of blocking can be annoying.

The Lock answer will depend on the fan you ask. My answer is he is a great guy, very likable and easy to root for. He won't be anything more than an ok backup.

Schneider got a HoF QB with pick 75 in 2012. He led the team to a SB, a maddening SB loss, 16 playoff games, and 9 playoff wins. After 10 years, and 104 wins, 4 division titles, 8 playoff appearances, and 9 playoff wins he gets an almost Herschel Walker sized deal for him.

Not too shabby.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Any Broncos fans (or rival AFC West fans) have a take on the 3 players?

• Fant is probably the best known of the 3 and looks pretty good.
  • I know Lock had his struggles in limited play time.
  • I don't know much about Harris at all.

Fant couldn't break a tackle from a punter and can't block worth a damn either. His hands are pretty good though

Harris still has an uncanny ability to bat balls down whether it be a pass or FG. Honestly good but not great piece. 

Lock is trash water who might have the worst deep ball accuracy of almost anyone I've seen

I am surprised how many people are praising the hull that Seattle got. They should have gotten MUCH more imo.

Picks wise…I can’t believe the Broncos got Wilson with only 2 1sts. 

The players are just bodies.

Lock… not good.

Shelby Harris is serviceable and above average but has probably the worst contract Paton has given out. While I have always liked Harris…his biggest skill is knocking down passes. Jones is the player that it would have hurt to give up. Denver is thin on the DL…but we have a 2nd, 2 3rds and like 8 picks total this years draft remaining plus money to spend on free agency. DL will be shored up. 

What surprises me the most is all the praise for Fant. Dude has been a huge disappointment. Cant block my 1 year old son. Injured a lot. I wanted him to succeed but Albert O is the better player right now. There has been plenty of the B word flown around here in Denver when talking about Fant. This is also a deep TE class in the draft. 

How in the world did the Broncos not give up any of their Real Valuable young talent?

• Like 2

In response to the conversation of Seattle vs Denver WRs. 

Denvers WRs have huge talent. But have not put up the numbers to match the talent. They project to be very good to exceptional with quality QB play, BUT it is complete projection and they cannot be compared to the actual production of Seattles WR. Seattle wins this in a landslide right now…. However the scale could drastically change favoring Denver very easily in a very short time… even this year.

Feels about right for both teams. Broncos have a reasonable argument that they’re a QB away from making noise, and Russ was the best one available assuming you don’t want to even look at Watson (and I don’t even want to look at Watson).

This is probably the best Seattle could hope for. With a no-trade clause, options are limited. There probably aren’t a ton of teams picking in the top 10 that Russ would have approved, so two firsts and two seconds  is a nice return and starting point if you’re aiming for a two-year rebuild.

That Jamal Adams trade and contract though. Yikes.

26 minutes ago, broncostrings said:

In response to the conversation of Seattle vs Denver WRs. 

Denvers WRs have huge talent. But have not put up the numbers to match the talent. They project to be very good to exceptional with quality QB play, BUT it is complete projection and they cannot be compared to the actual production of Seattles WR. Seattle wins this in a landslide right now…. However the scale could drastically change favoring Denver very easily in a very short time… even this year.

There was never a debate about who had a better WR core. Some people just have terrible reading comprehension 

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't see how you can't be ecstatic as a Bronco fan.

You got the absolute best option (sans Aaron Rodgers) at QB you could have possibly gotten. 

They may end up hurt by the strength of the division, but at least that club is trying to win.