Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

17 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Someone please get this clown out of our front office. 

Nothing happens without Carroll's approval. In fact, Carroll has authority over John Schneider. Both of them need to go as far as I'm concerned. 

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Sapp acts like thats some scary offense or something.... most of those receivers has battled injuries. And only reciever  with a 1000 yard seasons was Sutton 2 years ago. Seems like a bunch of midpack untapped potential WRs if you ask me.

Well, to be fair, WR production is directly influenced by QB play. You think Stefon Diggs is ever breaking 1k yards receiving if he had Drew Lock throwing him the ball and not Josh Allen?

The amount of times Jeudy was missed on a easy 10+ yard completion because Broncos QBs cant throw with timing/anticipation is astounding.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Sapp acts like thats some scary offense or something.... most of those receivers has battled injuries. And only reciever  with a 1000 yard seasons was Sutton 2 years ago. Seems like a bunch of midpack untapped potential WRs if you ask me.

How are you going to fault WR for not getting 1k yards when they've had garbage at the QB position? Tough to get 1k yards when you have poo throwing you the ball

Lol yeah, that’s a mediocre offense at best.

Count me as someone who isn't as moved as others, they may struggle. If I'm a team,  I'm going right at them and making them prove they are as good as they think they are.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

13 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Our Jets new GM Joe Douglas is a genius.

He managed to turn Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold into almost better value than what Seattle received for trading away FUTURE HOF RUSSELL WILSON @ ONLY 33 YEARS OLD.

FNW9zvfXEAYkuI5?format=jpg&name=small

That. To me. Is. Mind boggling; NUTS!

Howie Roseman’s impact on him.

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Howie Roseman’s impact on him.

Nah.

Nothing against Howie but it's really the impact of Ozzie Newsome who Joe Douglas came up under in Baltimore (as the Ravens scout for 15 years) throughout 2000-2014. 

Nonetheless when you dig deeper into Seattle's trade of Russell Wilson you'll quickly realize how they didn't receive the massive haul that they should've.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW the beat & national level sources only confirm 3 1sts.   None cover any extra players on WAS offered.   Wouldn’t surprise if there was more added but no confirmation on the exact extras beyond 3 1sts. 

Still, even with that offer, given that the gap in 2022 was 1.9 vs. 1.11 in a vacuum I think WAS offer is better (I’d always take an extra first over 2 2nds esp if the 2nd pick is 2+ years away - because it’s so likely to be in the 50’s)  - but this is where Wilson only accepting to waive his no-trade clause to Denver factors in.    In that context it’s more understandable that Denver “only” gave up 2 firsts 2 seconds and 3 guys who are pretty replaceable.  

Same.  Only thing I heard/saw was that Washington offered 3 FRPs and Seattle said no.  And they asked if Seattle wanted players, and they never got a counter-offer.  I'm not sure Denver's package isn't better then Washington's package is already.

#9 > #11

This one isn't debatable.

'23 DEN FRP = '23 WAS FRP

I think this one probably comes down to who you think is going to be worse in 2023.  I'd value them pretty similarly, but I wouldn't argue very hard if you wanted the WAS FRP instead.

Noah Fant, #40, and '23 SRP ??? '24 WAS FRP

I guess I'm in the boat.  Two SRPs a year apart to me is more valuable then a FRP 3 years away.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Same.  Only thing I heard/saw was that Washington offered 3 FRPs and Seattle said no.  And they asked if Seattle wanted players, and they never got a counter-offer.  I'm not sure Denver's package isn't better then Washington's package is already.

#9 > #11

This one isn't debatable.

'23 DEN FRP = '23 WAS FRP

I think this one probably comes down to who you think is going to be worse in 2023.  I'd value them pretty similarly, but I wouldn't argue very hard if you wanted the WAS FRP instead.

Noah Fant, #40, and '23 SRP ??? '24 WAS FRP

I guess I'm in the boat.  Two SRPs a year apart to me is more valuable then a FRP 3 years away.

I would agree in a vacuum - but if you're blowing it all up like SEA is, the higher round pick has more future value and waiting 2 more years isn't as much of a problem if you're a true rebuilder.   Getting 2nd round picks now and next year isn't likely helping as much long-term because you're using up those cheap years when the team is likely not even close to contention.  For teams that want to return to contention in the next couple of years....I see your view.   But for a team starting from scratch, realistically you're 3 years away at best, with 2 lean years.   In that scenario, the 3rd year 1st is more valuable IMO.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Nah.

Nothing against Howie but it's really the impact of Ozzie Newsome who Joe Douglas came up under in Baltimore (as the Ravens scout for 15 years) throughout 2000-2014. 

Nonetheless when you dig deeper into Seattle's trade of Russell Wilson you'll quickly realize how they didn't receive the massive haul that they should've.

I think it's actually that Seattle massively overpaid for Jamal Adams (credit to the Jets FO for absolutely fleecing the hell out of Seattle, but also it's just insane giving up that much for a box safety in the first place) vs. they didn't receive enough in return for Wilson. Everyone knew they were getting multiple 1st's for Russell. They took the Broncos' first 2 picks in the next two drafts and then also took 2 very solid players and a future waterboy. That seems like good value.

Seattle screwed the pooch MASSIVELY with the Jamal Adams trade, and this trade was them trying to rectify that essentially and get some of their short-term draft capital back.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it's actually that Seattle massively overpaid for Jamal Adams (credit to the Jets FO for absolutely fleecing the hell out of Seattle, but also it's just insane giving up that much for a box safety in the first place) vs. they didn't receive enough in return for Wilson. Everyone knew they were getting multiple 1st's for Russell. They took the Broncos' first 2 picks in the next two drafts and then also took 2 very solid players and a future waterboy. That seems like good value.

Seattle screwed the pooch MASSIVELY with the Jamal Adams trade, and this trade was them trying to rectify that essentially and get some of their short-term draft capital back.

I honestly believe Jamal Adams is what destroyed the Seahawks and made Russell Wilson want out of Seattle. 

Because before the trade to Denver? He realized with Jamal Adams massive $72 million contract (making him the highest paid Safety in NFL history) along with having awful draft capital?

Russell Wilson knew he had a 0% chance to win.

A box Safety destroyed their entire Franchise. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships