2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

1 minute ago, Ataal said:

I'm now envisioning a red zone play from Kyle where he puts Jimmy in on 3rd and goal and he just runs it in.  And, I will loooooool. 

Trey the pocket passer, Jimmy the zone read goal-line QB 😂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

This forum is like people that hate-watch a television show lol. 

Nah, it's just about not taking it too seriously. Nothing any of us wants matters or has an impact on what the team does, as you know, so when they do something I find somewhat silly or dumb (and for the record, I Don't think that they have crossed that bridge yet unless they really are blocking themselves from free agents), I like ot have some fun with it. 

So it's not really hate watching...but more of a mystery science theater 3000 type attitude. Like watching a bad show to just to mess with it. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Haberman thinks Jimmy will be in training camp

I mean if you don't release him now, then might as well keep him until July and wait to see if there is a QB injury. As for him being in OUR camp? Don't see it........

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if you don't release him now, then might as well keep him until July and wait to see if there is a QB injury. As for him being in OUR camp? Don't see it........

Prepare your body, J

Your 2022 49ers starting QB....

JIMMY G!!!!

Embrace it, J!!!!

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Nah, it's just about not taking it too seriously. Nothing any of us wants matters or has an impact on what the team does, as you know, so when they do something I find somewhat silly or dumb (and for the record, I Don't think that they have crossed that bridge yet unless they really are blocking themselves from free agents), I like ot have some fun with it. 

So it's not really hate watching...but more of a mystery science theater 3000 type attitude. Like watching a bad show to just to mess with it. 

I mean...

6 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Oh God, I will be livid. 

I'll give homeslice the benefit of the doubt assume this was said in jest. :D

Anyway, the important thing is that you'll all having fun, which is what I should have added initially. Gonna be another long seemingly nonsensical odyssey of an offseason with this franchise, with most of us yahoos grasping at all of the whispers in the black along the way. When the smoke is cleared the 49ers will probably have another 10 win season heehaw :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

The thing with Jimmy... I think that Lynch is playing the long game.  There will be a team that losses a QB within the first 4 weeks of the season, it is known that Lance is our QB of the future, we are going to sit on Jimmy as either a insurance policy to Lance or to trade him to a desperate team.  

I like how J thinks cap wise but right now I think that there is more to gain holding him than cutting him.

Right now, is it possible that not cutting Jimmy (since we don't necessarily HAVE to) is somewhat of a professional courtesy? I know he's rich and can get all the help he needs privately, but having access to team facilities and doctors, and strength and conditioning, is a plus in a rehab, I think. So I think it might be a respectful thing to do for Jimmy. In the meantime, his agent can still be negotiating with other teams (to gauge interest, and because a new team might want to renegotiate his contract), and keep an open line of communication with Lynch. I don't know if Jim lives in the Bay area in the offseason, or if he's one of the guys who train in southern california (where he most likely got his shoulder surgery in the first place). But being part of the team, even if ultimately ends up being released, can still be an advantage in the mean time. If his salary truly HAD to be off the books, then he would have been released. If he had a chance to sign with another team, and the only thing still in his way was getting released, he might ask for it. But honestly, I don't think there has been so much as an offer for his services, because of the surgery. And while he remains on the roster, we're not paying him. There's no cap space he's using right now that can rollover to 2023. So being released in march or july changes nothing. Will he be in camp or even on the roster on week 1? 1% chance, in my opinion. There's very little chance we'd decide not to extend Bosa or Deebo because we prefer to keep 25m on the books, just because of the slight probability we could trade him to a team with an injured QB. But between march and july, I think it's possibly a courtesy to keep him on the team.

• Like 1