2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That was his initial rookie contract. He did hold out that time. We were referring to his extension in 2020. I believe that was done right as camp was opening so he ended up not holding out. 

Yeah, Joey held out his rookie deal, thankfully Nick didn't.

I dont really see an issue with the 49ers extending both Deebo & Nick, those will get done, not worried.

• Like 1

Not sure if posted, but we signed Malik Turner, & Marcus Johnson.

I have the 49ers at $1,460,546 under their 2022 adjusted cap, this is after the Marcus Johnson, & Malik Turner signings.

Johnson got a 1yr $1.035M deal, only $895K counts, he also got $250K of his base salary GTD

Turner got a 1yr $1.11M deal, only $895K of the $1.035M base counts, $50K workout bonus, $25K week 1 roster bonus(this is if he makes the 53-man roster, since he wasn't on one last year week 1 it's treated as NLTBE), and $300K of his base salary GTD.
  •  
  • Like 1

I think Johnson could surprise. Really liked what I saw from him as a Titan when he was targeted. Think he's a guy that could slide in nicely into that 4th WR role and give you solid productivity when he's number is called. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel like Bosa's will be easy. He's going to set the market across the board. 

I agree, and Bosa has shown, when healthy, he is a game changer for more than one season. You can pretty much count on him getting 10+ every year.

Deebo had one amazing season and has had some slight durability issues. I see the issue with giving him money that sets the market, just not enough to go on……but I can def see 25 million easy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I think Johnson could surprise. Really liked what I saw from him as a Titan when he was targeted. Think he's a guy that could slide in nicely into that 4th WR role and give you solid productivity when he's number is called. 

I'd rather have him than bring Benjamin back. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, John232 said:

Wondering what the holdup is with Trey Flowers. Feel like he fits our edge archetype opposite Bosa Right now. Big edge who can kick inside too. 

That's a good shout and someone I was looking at a few weeks ago.

Remember though, only 1.35M in cap space available at the moment so temper your expectations!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John232 said:

Wondering what the holdup is with Trey Flowers. Feel like he fits our edge archetype opposite Bosa Right now. Big edge who can kick inside too. 

I just don't think thats a role they are looking to fill. Was probably more of a way they thought AA was used best(which when we had Buckner and Jones was 100% the case) and then when Bosa went down his 2nd year it was kind of a thing we where forced more because we where pretty thin at edge. With Ebukam, Omenihu Hyder and Willis i would be suprised if we add anything outside of maybe a late round speed guy. 

• Like 2

Yea, I don't see us being active for any D-Lineman/Edge as it stands right now. I think the draft is where we'll look to add a player or two to that group. I think we're done as far as free agency is concerned along the D-Line.

• Like 1

Gotta think the team is feeling the pressure of carrying Jimmy G right now cap-wise.

Predraft presser is April 25th, can't believe it's going to be a year since that famous presser from last year. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1