2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

No way I think that we are only offering him 19M / yr. 

No, it was "slightly less than 19m/yr" 

So not even 19

It is fine to negotiate. I have no issues with making a lower offer initially, but we pissed him off and now its all bad. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

No, it was "slightly less than 19m/yr" 

So not even 19

It is fine to negotiate. I have no issues with making a lower offer initially, but we pissed him off and now its all bad. 

Yeah, that would be insane if we did that. There is a point where an offer is so bad it makes someone just completely check out

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Deebo is going to just continue to deny everything lol. Clearly something is really ticking him off...And it's probably some of the clauses in the initial offer. This FO tends to really make players upset in the early going. 

We do end up paying top dollar to if the situation demands it though. Jimmy G, Trent Williams, Juice, Kittle, Warner all are or were the highest paid players at their position. Not to mention the numerous overpays in FA or trade (Jerick McKinnon, Pierre Garcon, Malcolm Smith, Dee Ford)

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We do end up paying top dollar to if the situation demands it though. Jimmy G, Trent Williams, Juice, Kittle, Warner all are or were the highest paid players at their position. Not to mention the numerous overpays in FA or trade (Jerick McKinnon, Pierre Garcon, Malcolm Smith, Dee Ford)

We do, but the FO early on is always hard to deal with. IF the rumors are true that the initial offer was only 19M, then obviously he's going to be ticked off. I mentioned last week that he needs to be patient and the deal will come before or during training camp. Looks like he wants to be paid now but not sure if that is smart to get paid before DK and Brown...Though they all share agents so not sure how that is going to go lol.

• Like 1

If we do trade deebo, I think we will be quick to extend aiyuk next year. I think we will try and pull a diggs / davante even if aiyuks season is just okay. 

Give him 20 per and just get it done and see if three years down the line it's a steal. 

When diggs was extended, he'd only eclipsed 900 yards once in 3 years, but they gave him 14-16 million which was pretty high at the time (top 10). Adams was the same. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like he wants to be paid now but not sure if that is smart to get paid before DK and Brown...Though they all share agents so not sure how that is going to go lol.

Right? I think logically if you're in the agents position you want to work hard on the guy you know is going to get the least amount of money and work your way up to the guy who has been most productive to this point. If you get D.K. or A.J. Brown more than expected than you can use that to push for more money for the other guy up the ladder.