Jaguars sign WR Zay Jones, 3 years, $24M base, up to $30M

Jakuvious

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's a great weapon. The others are just...meh.

Christian Kirk can only play the slot too. He's great at that, but that's the only time I've been impressed with him.

Viska is garbage. 

44 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Laviska Shenault is better than all 3 lol

I like Laviska and was really excited about his prospects coming into last year.  The problem was he had A TON of drops.  If he can get that part figured out, he can be a dangerous weapon.  He's great for YAC when we get the ball in his hands.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I like Laviska and was really excited about his prospects coming into last year.  The problem was he had A TON of drops.  If he can get that part figured out, he can be a dangerous weapon.  He's great for YAC when we get the ball in his hands.

He is also a player that needs schemed up--you cant have a traditionalist stiff calling your plays with him. 

If your not using him like ATL uses Patterson, your doing it wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

He is also a player that needs schemed up--you cant have a traditionalist stiff calling your plays with him. 

If your not using him like ATL uses Patterson, your doing it wrong.

Yep.  There is a lot you can do with him.  You just need someone creative to make the best use of his talents.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep.  There is a lot you can do with him.  You just need someone creative to make the best use of his talents.

Exactly, I loved him coming out of college but my biggest fear with him was getting stuck with a OC that will try to make him a traditional WR. He is a weapon, not a true WR. Literally all the OC in JAX (whoever that is) has to do is turn the tape on of Atlanta and copy/paste plays ran for Patterson. They dont even need to think or scheme. Just straight up copy them.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I still can not fathom this. Zay Jones did an okay job last year. We tried to make him a deep threat and it just wasn't pretty. He did fairly well on the intermediate routes though. He's also a big locker room guy and is young still.

However this is likely double he's worth. He is a WR4 who can make the occasional play as a #3. This is a gross overpay but I hope he progresses and is worth the contract someday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I still can not fathom this. Zay Jones did an okay job last year. We tried to make him a deep threat and it just wasn't pretty. He did fairly well on the intermediate routes though. He's also a big locker room guy and is young still.

However this is likely double he's worth. He is a WR4 who can make the occasional play as a #3. This is a gross overpay but I hope he progresses and is worth the contract someday.

I liked Zay a lot coming out of college. Surprised he hasn't become a better WR. Sharp routes and great body control.