Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Landry was going to be my pick if I didn't trade out.

Oh thank God.  I'd have been heartbroken.

There was a part of me that said "if I push blue to pick, he'll take Landry".  Hence the patience.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

The worst likely should have been Lance based on body of work, but I'll make that pick over some of the other QBs that went soon after (though if I had known cousins would last until the third, that may have been different). Shanny turned Jimmy g into an efficiency machine. Given the roster, I'll take the chance on him getting good play from Lance.

Also worth noting that when I took Lance I didn't know this was about building a team for just this year 😂😂

After those elite QBs go off the table, it's kind of whatever, so I was prepared for Lance to be the "worst pick"

I also didn't know this was a "for this year only" thing. I thought it was try to be the best this year, but also have a window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The worst likely should have been Lance based on body of work, but I'll make that pick over some of the other QBs that went soon after (though if I had known cousins would last until the third, that may have been different). Shanny turned Jimmy g into an efficiency machine. Given the roster, I'll take the chance on him getting good play from Lance.

Also worth noting that when I took Lance I didn't know this was about building a team for just this year 😂😂

After those elite QBs go off the table, it's kind of whatever, so I was prepared for Lance to be the "worst pick"

I like Lance a lot, he was easily my QB2 last year. And I think there's a strong chance he ends up the best QB from the class. But in a sim/mock where we're drafting for one single season based on production from last season, Lance seems an odd choice that early.

14 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I agree that the goal and frankly all of this draft was not clear to people who hadn’t done a CMD before. Let’s blame the host 

I didn't read any of the op or anything so that was probably my bad 😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Hey man, let me tell you about the time Blue took Carson Palmer and was flamed for actual months.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Hey man, let me tell you about the time Blue took Carson Palmer and was flamed for actual months.

Did I do that? The only QB pick I remember is Sam Bradford after his rookie year and I maintain that is one of the worst draft picks I have ever made in any format ever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whicker said:

I agree that the goal and frankly all of this draft was not clear to people who hadn’t done a CMD before. Let’s blame the host 

If people read the op it literally states 

-We are drafting the players as they are in their current state and expected performance during the 2022 NFL Season along with regards to injuries/suspensions.

• Like 2

Anyhow I have work meetings all this week so the draft thread is going to not be updated as often as it was last week. Please send boards to Whicker and rack this week who offered to help out. I'll update draft thread as often as I can 

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

If people read the op it literally states 

-We are drafting the players as they are in their current state and expected performance during the 2022 NFL Season along with regards to injuries/suspensions.

Expecting us to read is the first mistake

• Like 2