Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Trade for DK or Lockett. That has to be discussed 

Metcalf would be the target. Last year of his deal. Big and fast. Been rumblings that Seattle isn't going to extend him and they aren't competing this year without a QB...

Frankly, I think this deal could be very possible.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

I mean they did want to bring him back if the Matching offer report is true

If they did, I'm glad Davante chose LV. 

However as Andrew Brandt points out, the Packers leaking to the GB media that they wanted to sign him is exactly what they would say. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Metcalf would be the target. Last year of his deal. Big and fast. Been rumblings that Seattle isn't going to extend him and they aren't competing this year without a QB...

I just saw Lockett is 29 too. 

J-Love and a 1st would have to do it. I can’t see them not accept that. 

Would DK resign in GB though?

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol dumbest stat since Favre temp stats on the certain moon phase winning percentage. 

Complete ******* anomaly

Stat might be dumbest, but Packers O was really creative in those games.

If you get deep into your playbooks in regular season, that helps in playoffs on crucial situations.

Being one trick pony wont help in playoffs as in regular season. 

• Like 1

Surprised no one has mentioned Brandin Cooks. Rumors have been Houston has been looking to trade him for a while. Seems like a much better option than Julio, Landry, JuJu, etc. based on age and skillset, and probably a better deal than MVS.

• Like 3

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I just saw Lockett is 29 too. 

J-Love and a 1st would have to do it. I can’t see them not accept that. 

Would DK resign in GB though?

They would probably figure that out first. Also, we wouldn't have to give up a 1. I think you're getting him for Love and a 3rd, maybe a 2 at most.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You can't give up much for a 1 year rental though. He's going to want Adams money and he's not nearly as good. Not sure he's Rodgers cup of tea because he has to ALWAYS be in the right place at the right time. I don't think he's a great route runner. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

For a WR who turns 30 at the end of this year*

It's a no brainer move for them....it just looks confusing as hell after they just committed multiple more years to their soon to be 39 yr old QB

Meh. It seemed obvious to many of us at the time, but results are results and we're good without Adams.

It's a QB league and this is nutsy money when you have all these other huge contracts on offense.

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

You can't give up much for a 1 year rental though. He's going to want Adams money and he's not nearly as good. Not sure he's Rodgers cup of tea because he has to ALWAYS be in the right place at the right time. I don't think he's a great route runner. 

He's not getting near Adams money. 

• Like 1

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I'd prefer to gets some WRs who are not going to command $20m+/year.

Like use the money you freed up to bring back Rasul and Z and Turner and then draft a bunch of WRs.

Can't ride with just rookies though. Too risky. Remember we aren't rebuilding a team here, we're trying to win a SB THIS year. We have a small window. Gotta go all out.

• Like 1