Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

51 minutes ago, R T said:

Lol, a full nights sleep didn't help the situation? 😄

I was fine after I got so drunk I forgot it happened then I got in my car and turned on ESPN radio and remembered we did the dumbest thing ever 

We should trade those picks for Deshone Kizer so this trade looks better.

This is so dumb. 

Trade Alexander too.

And Gary.

Get all the picks for an old *** QB.

Do the dumbest all in rebuild ever

1 hour ago, Laces Out said:

The last two teams legit bought their players, can head the Broncos in there this decade as well. Free agency has been an integral part of team building in the modern NFL, it's not all about just drafting and letting the kids cook for a number of years. Teams have formulas to win and win now. 

If it's not obvious the cap is extremely fluid just look at the Saints, they cleared like $80 mil in a week.

The Bucs were able to sign a first ballot HoF QB in FA, which is something that almost never happens. They got a TE, WR, and RB for super cheap as their prior teams didn't want them or they had burned every bridge possible in the case of Brown. It was really pretty similar to what the Packers did in adding Douglas/Campbell.

But the bulk of that Bucs starters from that team was drafted talent (Wirfs, Winfield, White, Murphy-Bunting, Dean, Vea, RoJo, Davis, Whitehead, Cappa, Godwin, Evans, Hargreaves, Donovan Smith, Marpet, David, Miller, Gholston). They had added Suh, JPP, and Jensen before Brady. 

Of their starters, 17 of the 22 were drafted.

For the Packers, 16 of their 22 were drafted. Pretty sure it was the same in '21.

The Rams are the outlier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I was fine after I got so drunk I forgot it happened then I got in my car and turned on ESPN radio and remembered we did the dumbest thing ever 

This is so dumb. 

Trade Alexander too.

And Gary.

We still have to see what WRs we are able to sign, but this is an objectively good move IMO. If we were starting Love on his rookie deal then sure give Adams $28MM but this was unaffordable. If he wasnt going to play on the tag, would you rather sit on the cap hit and get nothing or get a 1+2 for it? 

Still stupid to see that we offered him more money than the Raiders did. 

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It will be interesting to watch what the Packers do with these picks.  Are they gearing towards a post Rodgers team?  Are they still all in for the Rodgers era?

I'm not sure you can draft rookie WRs and expect them to perform at a Super Bowl level?  

Rodgers new contract sure as heck dosen't indicate a move towards "post Rodgers".

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

This is so dumb. 

Trade Alexander too.

And Gary.

Love ya brother, but just think you have this completely wrong. I guess in a short time we will know though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

We still have to see what WRs we are able to sign, but this is an objectively good move IMO. If we were starting Love on his rookie deal then sure give Adams $28MM but this was unaffordable. If he wasnt going to play on the tag, would you rather sit on the cap hit and get nothing or get a 1+2 for it? 

Still stupid to see that we offered him more money than the Raiders did. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

The list of FA is pretty stacked of talented but older vets. There have also been some great WR draft classes, including this one, so the market should theoretically be flooded over the next few years. I’m assuming we grab a mid tier vet to keep 12 happy. Us offering Adams a huge amount was probably necessary to show we were trying to keep the band together, but he had other plans. 

Edited by Refugee

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

This is so dumb. 

Trade Alexander too.

And Gary.

To be fair… if you listened to fs1 cowherd would of told you that it’s super easy to get WRs given that everyone wants to be on offense now.

And… for the crowd that said we can’t keep running out the same crew and expect different results, well here you go. This offense needs to evolve and be more than the Davante Adams show

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

In a vacuum, trading Adams for 2 top 100 picks and not having to pay him $150 mil is an incredibly shrewd move. In reality, Allen Lazard who hasn’t even signed his tender yet is our WR1 right now lmao

I know that won’t be the case in a couple weeks, but it’s very funny right now. 

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

This is so dumb. 

Trade Alexander too.

And Gary.

Clearly weren’t that drunk if you remember turning on ESPN radio.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Lance Zierlein -   The Texans got a 2nd rounder for Deandre Hopkins when he was the best WR in football and was headed for a new contract (and they had to take on David Johnson's bad contract).

GB got 1st and 2nd round picks for the best WR in football and didn't have to take on a bad contract.

And that is why one organization is always bottom feeders and the other is not. 

• Like 1

Just now, Isherwood said:

In a vacuum, trading Adams for 2 top 100 picks and not having to pay him $150 mil is an incredibly shrewd move. In reality, Allen Lazard who hasn’t even signed his tender yet is our WR1 right now lmao

I know that won’t be the case in a couple weeks, but it’s very funny right now. 

Actually, it's a telling point that highlights the degree to which we didnt address WR depth - or - we sucked at trying.

With the values rising so steeply....we cant let that happen again.

Next time when WR1 is set for a colossal payday....we need to have a viable WR2 as an alternative. So we can apply the next man up theory - rather than being held hostage to a huge contract. In the interim - before that pay or not day....we'll have move talent running around on the field.

Win. Win.