Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

I know I’d rather have him than not but it’s kind of crazy how much Adams really got. Like don’t get me wrong, I love Adams… but even when he was clearly the best WR in the league for these last few years, I never felt he was like some of the other WRs in recent memory that held that title.

Maybe I’m not giving the dude his due, but it’s like when you watch a guy like Chase in Ciny… that looks different. Obj in his prime looked different. I guess it’s just maybe there are more big Wow plays with those guys and Adams is just consistent.

Its just kind of crazy to think Adams got more than TJ Watt… who is defensive player of the year, Aaron Donald, etc when Adams is heavily reliant on who is throwing him the ball. I mean he will get his numbers I’m sure (see Hundley) but it won’t be the same.

His contract is just kinda crazy in relation to others presently and historically.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

The only players on this list I’m even remotely interested in would be Crowder, Juju and maybe Watkins. Other that’s it’s a trash heap. 

3463-B48-E-528-A-4-E28-AADC-FD4-C3-E534-

I’m not saying we spend big, but we should bring in at least one quality vet on a reasonable deal. We know a few green even if talented rookies won’t get it done with 12. Cobb being in that room on the cheap is good to help bring the young guys up, as well. Restructuring this room is a pretty important piece to making this season work and it won’t just be through the draft. 

Edited by Refugee

29 minutes ago, Norm said:

I was fine after I got so drunk I forgot it happened then I got in my car and turned on ESPN radio and remembered we did the dumbest thing ever 

We should trade those picks for Deshone Kizer so this trade looks better.

This is so dumb. 

Trade Alexander too.

And Gary.

Get all the picks for an old *** QB.

Do the dumbest all in rebuild ever

Look at it this way, if we refused to trade Adams he wouldn't play this season on the tag, so we eat the tags cap and get no compensation for him.

Fuller - the only actual potential WR1 available.  Extremely injury prone. Yay.

Crowder - just a straight cobb upgrade if he can stay healthy, and neither can, so crowder+cobb=football player.  I call him Randison Crobber.

James Washington - cheap upgrade on MVS.  Deep threat but not a speedster, and more reliable.  This guy could be a real steal I think:
https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/2021-exit-meetings-wr-james-washington/

Edited by skibrett15

25 minutes ago, R T said:

Love ya brother, but just think you have this completely wrong. I guess in a short time we will know though. 

It'll be fine. It just shocked the hell out of me.

Also LOL @ TAGZ AND TRADEZ DON'T HAPPEN IN THE NFL HERRRDERR dorks that said this isn't a thing even though it's been happening once every season or two lately. 

• Like 1

Wow. Just found out about this.   Love Adams - one of my all time favorite Packers. But if we offered him more money ( which I think was foolish) I am fine by all of this.

I can't believe we got a 1st and a 2nd.

I think, in the end, Rodgers is a better QB without Adams. Spreading the ball around will help the offense. It was an amazing combination to watch - but given all things, we did well.

I wish Adams all the luck and will still cheer for him.

I would bet the Pack signs a bigger named FA:Jarvis Landry maybe. And a 1st round WR - olave perhaps.  

19 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Clearly weren’t that drunk if you remember turning on ESPN radio.  

Lol I just realized that sounded like I drove drunk.

When I got in my car this morning I had forgot all about it and then ESPN was talking about it

I live like 45 second walk from the bar, because of course I do

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Look at it this way, if we refused to trade Adams he wouldn't play this season on the tag, so we eat the tags cap and get no compensation for him.

It just felt weird after everything else we did. Didn't see it coming at all.