Davante Adams trade, signed for 5 years 141 mil

101Raider

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is what the Bears did to us.  We went from having the 8th pick in 2018 to having the 24th in 2019.

We did that to ourselves the Raiders always claimed they wanted to resign Mack Had Gruden said he was on the Market before the draft I'm sure we would have gotten several offers before the draft. And Mack never declared he only wanted to play for the Bears

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We did that to ourselves the Raiders always claimed they wanted to resign Mack Had Gruden said he was on the Market before the draft I'm sure we would have gotten several offers before the draft. And Mack never declared he only wanted to play for the Bears

Believe me I blame Gruden for this more than anyone else involved.  The league knew something was going on and I am sure we had teams inquire before the draft.  I really can not stand Gruden.  This team could have been so much better by now if we never hired him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Believe me I blame Gruden for this more than anyone else involved.  The league knew something was going on and I am sure we had teams inquire before the draft.  I really can not stand Gruden.  This team could have been so much better by now if we never hired him.

Yeah I’ll always look at that being way more about Gruden’s idiocy as opposed to the Bears FO being intelligent. I can’t stand Gruden even more and more with each passing day. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The compensation and contract for a guy like Davante I have no problem with. Skills set is obvious. But he's a terrific person to have in your locker room and community. There is no drama with him. 

This is the kind of player he is. I saw this last season and was blown away. 

That is absolutely fantastic. 

Seeing stuff like that really eases my mind about this breaking our recent WR curse of guys like Bryant, AB, Ruggs life taking stupidity, etc. 

There are a lot of me firsr, diva, headcases at the WR position. It sometimes seems like it can be difficult to get an elite one without that type of baggage. Everything you read about Adams though just confirms that he's uber elite, but also a great teammate, and locker room presence. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

That is absolutely fantastic. 

Seeing stuff like that really eases my mind about this breaking our recent WR curse of guys like Bryant, AB, Ruggs life taking stupidity, etc. 

There are a lot of me firsr, diva, headcases at the WR position. It sometimes seems like it can be difficult to get an elite one without that type of baggage. Everything you read about Adams though just confirms that he's uber elite, but also a great teammate, and locker room presence. 

Carr knew what he was talking about when he said Davante would fit right in. DC, Waller and Renfrow are all ballers that stay away from the drama and just ball. 

So Adam’s really didn’t sign for 28.5M APY….

he signed a 3y, 68m deal with 19m SB …. plus 2 years of fluff to boost up his contract numbers and lower the SB proration so the 1st year cap hit is low.  It also allows for void years to be added down the road over the next 3 Years to restructure the deal to get cap space if needed.

This is an incredibly team friendly contract he signed.  He actually sacrificed a little bit to come play with Carr.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Basically means we only have him for 3 years though, not 5. Still good, he'll probably start slowing down in 3 years. 

Yeah… it’s set up so in 3 years it can be adjusted or we Move on.

After seeing the terms I feel a lot better about trading a 1+2 for him.

Edited by jimkelly02

My advice to everyone is watch some Adam’s at Fresno State highlights and see how much trust Carr has in Adams and the connection they have is ridiculous.  I forgot how good it was.  Carr will be multiples of times more likely to throw the dead ball to Adams then what we’ve seen from him in the past.  He usually really needs to develop a trust with a guy over time before he’ll take chances with throws to them.

• Like 3

What this move does is show us that maybe they’re bringing some of the Patriot way with them but it’s with a twist. Being aggressive at the right time but focusing the core on smart adaptable players which is what the Pats love in their players. 

Monster moves by a GM who could have easily been like it’s my first draft I want to keep those picks so I can get the guys I want. GMs are mostly judge as how they draft and Ziegler realized talent > unknown draft picks and didn’t hesitate to give them up. This is the type of move that puts him on the map as a GM. 

Adams press conference gonna be a must watch and I hope we get to see some behind the footage of how the trade went down and the excitement from McDaniels and Ziegler.