Davante Adams trade, signed for 5 years 141 mil

101Raider

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

It’s not all pie in the sky I’m still worried about the o-line to be honest. Having mentioned that Adams and Renfrow can open quick no doubt mitigate that a bit

Same. Carr needs protection or he get skittish as we've seen. 

That said, McDaniels play action concepts should absolutely kill for him.

The compensation and contract for a guy like Davante I have no problem with. Skills set is obvious. But he's a terrific person to have in your locker room and community. There is no drama with him. 

This is the kind of player he is. I saw this last season and was blown away. 

• Like 3

I am beyond pumped boys! lets F'in Go!
Massive iff here, but if leatherwood can improve, our O is set. 
I expect a ton of quick passes regardless so Oline doesnt need to be an elite unit. 

With Adams and Renfrow able to win on routes, I expect the seam to be wideeeee open for Waller. 

12 hours ago, Edz209 said:

i was against a devante trade a couple months ago as well because of the money and picks but whats done is done i’m not gonna sit around mad about having a true proven legit #1 wr not only on our team but in the league that being said i hope carr keeps his word about taking a paycut for the team 

12 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Crisp route running is what works best for Carr. He isn't a very accurate deep ball thrower, he is about timing and precision. We now have arguably the two best route runners in the league with the most reliable hands. With McDaniels this offense is a well oiled machine. 

A rookie can take years to develop chemistry, if it does at all. This is assumed to be as plug and play as there is. 

Most importantly, our red zone offense is what held us back last year. This move coupled with McDaniels can make 3s into 7s at a reliable clip, which could make us a serious contender if Graham gets the defense in a good spot. 

Speculation bonus: I predict Carr takes a team-friendly deal predicated on this Adams trade. We will see this summer.

I agree with both of you.  The caliber of player Adams is is a huge addition to the team.  I just think the cost was to high and now we have to get lucky to fix the line this year.  Also GB was between a rock and a hard place.  We could have waited them out and forced down the price.  Even waiting until after the draft would have been great and is what Chicago did to us with Mack.  Lastly Rodgers and Adams worked great together in large part to both of them extending plays.  That is a weak spot in Carrs game so I do expect Adam's production to drop off if Carr does not fix it.

2 hours ago, reddevil said:

I think you can. It sounds like we still have room now as Jones’ contract isn’t too much this year. And then we have the post-June money - which stands to be about £20mil. 

It is possible to make it stretch for all - I’m not sure they will. If I had to guess, I think they will extend Carr and Renfrow and wait for Waller.

Could trading Waller get the 1st back we traded to the Packers?