Davante Adams trade, signed for 5 years 141 mil

101Raider

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It’s for the built-in excuse I was talking about earlier. it’s so if the raiders win they can say I knew it and if the raiders lose they can say I knew it smh lol

My mans still has the Oline excuse assuming all the weapons stay healthy 

Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!  The Raiders aren't willing to give any ground to the other teams in the AFC West.  You guys just upped the ante BIG TIME with this one.  Living in Minnesota, I watched Davante Adams play at least twice a year for his entire career and I can say with complete certainty that you got a great one with him.  I can't wait to see the Raiders play more this season, and you can bet I'll be cheering for you.  Good luck in 2022!

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I would mitigate the lack of a great #2 perimeter WR on the roster by playing Waller outside with Adams, let Hunter man the slot, and get Moreau involved in line. That IMO is our most fierce offensive set. Allows us to have 2 TEs on the field and pound the rock with Jacobs, or air it out with Adams, Waller, Renfrow a ridiculously hard group to cover. 

Either way, when you have Adams, Waller, and Renfrow, you have more than enough to have an elite passing game if the QB is doing his job. That is two all pro caliber pass catchers, and an elite slot WR. Plus a rock solid 1-2 punch in the backfield. 

The OL is the far bigger priority. Edwards or whoever can be servicable enough as the other WR threat. 

Agree, if Waller gets deployed like that at times.. Whatever money we do have left, OT would be 100% the priority.. Edwards should improve solely based on playing opposite the best WR in football, more single coverage looks and hopefully better play designs.. Hopefully we can also snag a decent starting caliber LB and DT still over the next couple weeks as well and we can legit draft BPA without reaching out of need to fill out our overall depth. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I would mitigate the lack of a great #2 perimeter WR on the roster by playing Waller outside with Adams, let Hunter man the slot, and get Moreau involved in line. That IMO is our most fierce offensive set. Allows us to have 2 TEs on the field and pound the rock with Jacobs, or air it out with Adams, Waller, Renfrow a ridiculously hard group to cover. 

Either way, when you have Adams, Waller, and Renfrow, you have more than enough to have an elite passing game if the QB is doing his job. That is two all pro caliber pass catchers, and an elite slot WR. Plus a rock solid 1-2 punch in the backfield. 

The OL is the far bigger priority. Edwards or whoever can be servicable enough as the other WR threat. 

How do we stretch the field though?

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Meh, I think often times that's an overrated aspect, Adams has had 37 touchdowns in his career between 10-30+ yards. He isn't a burner, but he can create big plays over the top, and he can create big plays with YAC. 

Waller is one of the best seem stretching TEs in the NFL.

The big play and field stretching is important, but it's more important when your in a situation like we were last season where we lacked any outside threat that could justify 100+ targets, when you have someone like Adams, Hopkins, Kupp, Diggs, etc you don't have AS much of a need to stretch the field. What those guys may lack in elite field stretching abilities they make up for with their abilities to demand double coverage, bracket coverage, safety over the top, etc. 

Big plays are just more rare, they are the icing, not the cake. IMO. You can find someone in the middle rounds of the draft or in free agency that can give you some speed and the occasional deep threat. I just don't think it's necessary in the NFL if you have an Adams and a Waller. And it's certainly not something you have to have out there in every formation all the time. And that was my main point when talking about our best offensive lineup. The formation we could spend the majority of our time in for first down, third and medium or short situations, etc. 

I agree we still should target a burner. I just think what Adams adds with Waller and Renfrow we can still be a potent offense even without having a high end big play threat.

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jacobs and Drake. If we dink, dunk, play action and screen enough, teams will run thin deep and play more toward the box. 

No one's talked about it but our running game will be fierce. Maybe not between the tackles yet, but McDaniels is going to utilize these two to be respected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Coming to the Raiders so that we could not make the playoffs next year and maybe come back stronger when the roster is much better in 2023. That’s why he picked here over staying with one of the best quarterbacks of all time on a team that makes it to the playoffs every year. He’s another guy we paid Big money too because The winning culture needs to be instilled first. 

The Broncos just got Russell Wilson. The Chiefs are Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill. and the Chargers just got Khalil Mack and JC Jackson. Remember folks we have the 4th best roster in the division so don’t get in your hopes up! let’s be realistic

Frankie really crawled under your skin today eh? 

• Like 1