Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

As I said in the NFL News forum, I'm gonna guess if the suspension gets kicked up to 12 or so games, Watson will just accept it. If it becomes an entire year or indefinite suspension, this will be going to court.

Either way, what a f-ing **** show this is. Just embarrassing.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I frankly don’t give a damn what happens to either of them, but to punish one (and want a new precedent set) while not punishing the other, whose supposed to be held to a higher standard per the CBA, is ridiculous.

Suspend them both a year for all I care.  Fine them both $50 million and use that money to support charities for abused women.  IDGAF.

I still cannot believe that the Texans settled with 30 women over this and somehow organizational wrong doing isn't being questioned by the media, the NFL, most the fans, anybody.

Edited by Rod Johnson

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I frankly don’t give a damn what happens to either of them, but to punish one (and want a new precedent set) while not punishing the other, whose supposed to be held to a higher standard per the CBA, is ridiculous.

Suspend them both a year for all I care.  Fine them both $50 million and use that money to support charities for abused women.  IDGAF.

Kraft didn't abuse anyone though. He supposedly wasn't even expecting what he got but enjoyed it enough to make a return visit.

It was illegal and maybe tarnished the shield a bit but is a 1 on a scale of 1 to Watson. So I don't see why the comparisons are made and if you punish Kraft you have to punish Watson separate from the sexual assault/misconduct stuff so it just doesn't seem like a good case to bring up.

Snyder sure. Apparently he is a predator also.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I still cannot believe that the Texans settled with 30 women over this and somehow organizational wrong doing isn't being questioned by the media, the NFL, most the fans, anybody.

I think they should have to sacrifice all of the picks they got in the Watson deal

and have to take Watson back

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Kraft didn't abuse anyone though. He supposedly wasn't even expecting what he got

This is exactly what I’d say too.  “I had no idea” as I look stunned.

but enjoyed it enough to make a return visit.

This is exactly what I’d do too.  “I had no idea!” as I looked stunned.

It was illegal and maybe tarnished the shield a bit but is a 1 on a scale of 1 to Watson. So I don't see why the comparisons are made and if you punish Kraft you have to punish Watson separate from the sexual assault/misconduct stuff so it just doesn't seem like a good case to bring up.

Snyder sure. Apparently he is a predator also.

Well Kraft was at least charged with a crime, even if it was a misdemeanor.

Im not saying they’re equal, they’re not close, but of the guy is supposed to be held to a higher standard, maybe he should be at least held accountable. And for the record, a half million bucks for a guy worth 8+ billion isn’t being held accountable imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

ET kinda straightened me out on NFL News about it I'm just so frustrated by how hard we've boned ourselves

Yes and no.  Even if it’s a full year, if he comes back and plays like he did before he was suspended he could be here a decade and do all kinds of good stuff (on the field).

From the Browns ownership and FO perspective, it’s hard to predict that the league is going to seek to essentially triple the highest punishment ever for code of conduct violation that aren’t accompanied by a criminal charge. This is a point made specifically by the arbiter.

But, they wanted this, now they’ve got it.  Enjoy.

What I can’t fathom whatsoever 

why the hell wasn't he put on the commissioners exempt list 14+ months ago when everything went down initially.

he should honestly still be on that list and a member of the Houston Texans, if the nfl actually cared about anything beyond dolla dolla bills y’all and PR

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

What I can’t fathom whatsoever 

why the hell wasn't he put on the commissioners exempt list 14+ months ago when everything went down initially.

he should honestly still be on that list and a member of the Houston Texans, if the nfl actually cared about anything beyond dolla dolla bills y’all and PR

Well he was facing criminal charges so he probably would have been if he hadn't threatened to sit out if he wasn't traded and the Texans obviously weren't getting any trade partners at that time so they just made him inactive.

Yes, he probably should have been on the exempt list. The NFL probably dropped the ball there. I also don't think the NFL should have allowed a trade with some criminal charges still pending but they did. I also don't think teams (especially those who weren't desperate) should have attempted to trade for him at that time but they still did.

Yeah, the owners and their mouthpiece are greedy. Most owners don't have high morals, our included. Here we are. Hard to blame others for the situation we're in.

• Like 2