Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol I mean Im not paying $100+ for a Ken doll to grope me. Hard pass.

I was gonna offer but never mind.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d let a random hobo rub my shoulders if they felt so inclined lol 

What about a not-random hobo?...

*cracks knuckles*

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d let a random hobo rub my shoulders if they felt so inclined lol 

I'm with Akron. I don't know you, don't touch me. I don't even like getting a haircut. Never had a massage, likely never will.

When my arrhythmia is acting up, if my heart double beats 10 times in a minute then when a stranger touches me it does it about 30 times per minute.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm with Akron. I don't know you, don't touch me. I don't even like getting a haircut. Never had a massage, likely never will.

When my arrhythmia is acting up, if my heart double beats 10 times in a minute then when a stranger touches me it does it about 30 times per minute.

Yeah its a weird  personal space thing. Like if I walk by at work or something and someone pats me on the shoulder or back, In my head Im like 'get the **** off me" even if they are doing it for a 'good job' or whatever.

My old boss when he was talking face to face with you, he would sometimes like put his arm out and grab by shoulder as he was talking as if he was trying to have a deep personal conversation and it took everything, and I mean everything in my power not to spazz the eff out.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah its a weird  personal space thing. Like if I walk by at work or something and someone pats me on the shoulder or back, In my head Im like 'get the **** off me" even if they are doing it for a 'good job' or whatever.

My old boss when he was talking face to face with you, he would sometimes like put his arm out and grab by shoulder as he was talking as if he was trying to have a deep personal conversation and it took everything, and I mean everything in my power not to spazz the eff out.

I don’t really have that issue.

I had a manager than would always want to talk like a foot from my face.  The only hard part was trying to to laugh as I found her lack of boundaries hilarious.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You would hate living here in Asia ....there is no such thing as personal space :)

It got over it (mostly) decades ago with the exception of tis one lady (who also happened to be American) that was overweight and would insist on moving to within inches of you every time she was talking.  You back off a couple of inches, she advances.  Is really the only person I ever consciously realized that was invading my space and I would back off.  And boy was she a talker. Was a nice lady but annoying to get stuck in a conversation with!

Edited by pscottdai

22 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

why the hell wasn't he put on the commissioners exempt list 14+ months ago when everything went down initially.

Honestly, a part of me wonders if the NFL didn't do that intentionally because they didn't want him to be able to fall back on the "well, I've already had to miss a year..."

He sat out last year and he did it of his own volition so he can't use that as a "time served" argument. The NFL didn't need to put him on the exempt list because he was already sitting out. 

When this started going down, I Feel like that's when he should have showed up and tried to play  and forced the NFL's hand early. 

46 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I can't believe this is where I'm at, but I'd love Kaep at this point.

Welp,the league seems more interested in treating the Browns as pariahs more so than the Texans who were enablers and settled 30 potential lawsuits.  So Heck yeah! Jimmy should go full Al Davis and go to war with the league.😈  Just Win Baby!

• Like 1

I think the Texans deserve more blame than they're getting. 

I think the toxic culture they created opened the door for something like this to happen. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/04/deandre-hopkins-felt-like-im-slave-after-late-texans-owners-inmates-comment/

You've got an owner calling the players inmates, The FO and coaching are in disarray and they're giving a player NDAs and access to hotels without supervision. I believe the Texans culture contributed to this. 

Old SI article with a lot of good content. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

After a disappointing season in Houston, those expecting change from ownership did not get it. Now, with an embattled executive fighting for his job—and winning—a frustrated quarterback threatening to leave, a staff in crisis and a fan base incensed, a franchise that finished 2020 in a state of constant chaos has invited more of the same.

State of Chaos. People forget this is before the request or even before the first woman came out. The Texans were a mess. 

dcoveasterby2_vtc.webp

I absolutely think the culture they set played a part in this. As a fan of a known dysfunctional franchise I know what one looks like. The boy didn't have any problems at Clemson. And he was fine up until the last two years when all this stuff his going on. I think that culture played a role. 

And I think the losing might've got to him too. He'd never been a loser in his life and when you feel trapped man idk I honestly don't think he could've been in a good head space at the least I'll put it that way. 

Edited by brownie man